Anime and Manga Thread

I’ve recently started watching Sword art Online and very soon the new movie will be in the cinemas here, which is cool. I like to watch anime movies in the cinemas. But my question is basically…

What do I need to have watched before I can see Sword Art Online Progressive: Scherzo of Deep Night? I see that there are several movies too, but story wise where does the latest movie slot into?

Most of the time an Anime series is produced to promote a Manga or Light Novel. That’s why a lot of Anime only have 12 or 24 episodes which results in an open/abrupt ending.

usually if it’s a long show they drag it out with fillers. This video explains it but also @CryOn explanation is correct to for those short ones that don’t have a second season

1 Like

That new AOT episode was incredible.

Can’t wait for the new Vinland episode as well, I’m eating good.

2 Likes

AOT is back? Do we know if this truly will be the final part of the final season? :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably going to still be another 2 years counting this year. :rofl:

This was pretty much a 1 hour mini-movie.

Wtf, that’s crazy. Here I thought it would actually come to an end this year, sheesh.

Sounds like they want to stretch this out as much as possible, lol.

man these isekai anime are wild af.

*light novel. Looks like it’s very popular to get an anime adaption.

I know its from a light novel. Isekai anime is subgenre in which a character is suddenly transported from their world into a new one.

How you guys like Demon Slayer? I watched the first three episodes a few years ago but didn’t continue. I’m watching it all now. And the latest movie is playing in my cinema starting this week, cool stuff!!! I’m liking it, very good animation too.

Also continuing with One Piece, I try to make it a daily thing to at least watch one episode, otherwise I will never get up to date. I do wonder when the creator finally just finishes the manga, sheesh.

I’ve seen everything of Demon Slayer now, saw the latest “movie” today in the cinema. I gotta say that this anime caught me by surprise big time, I’m loving it. A very cool, likeable protagonist with a very interesting main story, as are the back stories of the demons. Great music, absolutely awesome animation too.

I’ve started with Vinland Saga S2 today too, saw the first three episodes and I wonder where this is leading up to. Episode 3 so far being the most interesting I guess. I don’t find it as bad by any means as some others seem to do on the Internet.

This is where I am now. Still. Like video games, I have a horrid back log. It’s like all my time goes in to work, then being mom & dad to my kid, then keeping 3 dogs entertained! I just can’t seem to figure it out. :smirk:

1 Like

Farmland Saga Season 2 first 12 episodes should have been 2.5 episodes instead.

1 Like

Yeah, been watching some more this evening and I agree. It’s not nearly as interesting as S1, man it’s not even close.

1 Like

Oh, what the hell.

Had been watching season 2 all afternoon, hoping to get to the episodes where things truly get going…only to find out I’m at the latest episode now, just finished it. Episode 10, that is.

It has some strengths, like the bond between Einar and Thorfinn, and the scenes where we see the guilt of Thorfinn but like you said, BRiT, that could have been done in just a few episodes.

Why did the makers decide to do this? It’s not like the manga isn’t way past this as we speak, right? That they had to wait for the manga chapters to be finished?

So why stretch this way less interesting stuff out so much?

1 Like

Like you, I burned through what was available on Netflix for Season 2 Vinland Saga. Hoping to see rapid pace adjustment for the back-half but I just dont know anymore given what the first-half was.

1 Like

With Einar and Thorfinn now soon becoming free men, I hope some stuff is going to change. But it’s also possible they stay and become retainers, and the second half will be happy farming too, lmao.

I’m genuinely hoping something bad happens now to the farm, just so we can get this shit really started. I honestly had expected that by now, someone attacking the master, hell breaking loose. I guess there’s the story with the blonde guy that wants to become the only king, the one that poisoned Harald, his own brother, let’s see what happens with that.

But even that just isn’t too interesting.

I don’t often follow a anime live, so to speak, but does CR add a new episode weekly?

Just finished the very first Dragon Ball, finally! I really liked it, Son Goku is such a damn cool little dude. I really had to adjust when the time skip came, hell, it still looks off to me.

Now to watch the last filler, the movies and then it’s on to Z. As weird as it might sound I never watched DBZ when I was younger. Anime watching for me started quite late actually.