Anime and Manga Thread

Vinland Saga S2’s latest episode is nothing too special, I’m not sure where this is going.

On Reddit I’m reading comments about how it won’t get any better. Which has me wondering if they are guessing or actually know it won’t. I haven’t read the manga myself. I don’t mind a few slow episodes, and character development is great to have, but it’s honestly just boring now.

oh it gets alot better, think of it as them cooking for now to set up the 2nd cour. On a side note, Hells paradise and heavenly delusion premieres on the 1st of April . HYPED

OK, good to hear. Will that be happening in this season or more like the third?

2nd cour starting with the next episode which is next week

1 Like

Well…

You weren’t kidding. :open_mouth:

This season so far definitely has made one thing clear, as cool of a dude Canute seemed to be in season 1, we see a changed man here. And not for the better, damn!

Also, poor Thorfinn. He’s about to be a free man, yet Thorgir promises Leif he can “have the slave.”, should be interesting to see where things go from here. I liked this one! That’s not to say I find the previous episodes bad, just slow, and a bit dragged out, it’s time for change. That will give it the right balance. How many eps left?

1 Like

24 in total so probably 12 more.

1 Like

Saw the movie Suzume yesterday, from the same maker as 5 centimeters per second, Weathering with you etc. Beautifully made, interesting story, nice characters, some really enjoyable humor too.

Also, Vinland Saga absolutely has gotten better.

2 Likes

Have you seen “Your name”?

I think I have but I am not entirely sure, I will check.

guys watch “Oshi no ko”. Dont search anything about it. Just go in blind.

I read the manga. Started really well, but found the plot kinda meh after a while. I agree that people should definitely go in blind.

1 Like

This and “Magical Destroyers” have one of the most sticky openings I have listen in a while.

“Genius Party” anthology (7 short films) by Studio 4°C (2007) now for free on Youtube w/ english subs until May 19th.

Available in more than 200 countries (except USA, Canada, UK, Japan, Russia… where this anime is already available on Blu-ray/SVOD).

Directed by Atsuko Fukushima, Shoji Kawamori, Masaaki Yuasa, Shinichiro Watanabe, Shinji Kimura, Yoji Fukuyama, and Hideki Futamura.

1 Like

So I’ve been itching to start watching some anime. But I’m not sure what to begin with, any suggestions?

My experience and suggestions would probably be pretty limited, but it might be a good idea to mention what other types of genres and media you enjoy.

I finished Jujutsu Kaisen today, definitely enjoyed it. July apparently season 2 starts, so let’s go!

Finished anime

• Death Note (not super long, and I do think it’s a good idea to start with something that you can actually finish, has an ending and isn’t ongoing still.) and it’s awesome!

• Monster

• Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

• Naruto

• Naruto Shippuden

• Odd Taxi

• Cyberpunk : Edgerunners

• Higurashi : When they cry

• Steins;Gate

Ongoing anime :

• Demon Slayer

• One Piece

• Jujutsu Kaisen

• Mob Psycho

• Vinland Saga

• Attack on Titan

And many, many, maaaaany more.

Well I’m a action/adventure/drama/sci-fi kind of person. Does that help?

Know I’m very late but if you’re still looking for anime series I think you should start with these three

Both of these series have finished

-Full metal alchemist brotherhood

-Castlevania(Netflix)

And since you’re into sci-fi, there isn’t that many great series that I can think of.

But Psycho-Pass is an excellent detective, Blade Runner type, Sci-Fi adventure that I would recommend.

Well, that was the end of Vinland Saga season 2. A really ending and it seems there will be a third season.

The first half or so might be a bit slow, but it definitely picks up after that and is absolutely worth watching. The first season overall is still the better one, though.

Just saw the movie The first Slam Dunk in the cinema. 3D anime. I’m not super fond of 3D but this was great, very lively. You know how with 2D anime there are always plenty of scenes with almost still images? In this movie it was almost constantly in motion and looks damn good.

Not a basketball fan perse, but I really digged this one. A very nice, heartfelt, emotional story in it too.