Anime and Manga Thread

Well…

Season 2 started and after three or four episodes I was like “ok, but can we get this show started already?” don’t know, the first few eps didn’t do much for me, but now, oh man. Shit is going DOWN, I like!

I dislike one thing a little though in these first five or so episodes of season 2.

Mjurran. Not the character, but how incredibly quickly Youm falls in love with her and vice versa. He was declaring his love and that he would protect her no matter what and I’m like…dude,didnt you just met her? You showed her around town, she joined your group, but that’s it. It felt a little rushed and out of the blue to me.

Summary

i think they were pushed for time because in the manga it was not rushed and they do show it especially when the season 2 had to be split and not the 24 episodes they did first season because of covid.

1 Like

Ah yes, that makes sense. Good to know.

Wtf man.

It took a while before we got to see what was up with Shion. I was expecting that she was either captured by the attackers or going after them. But once Benimaru says “follow me” I knew enough.

Just when I thought this was one of those anime where important, key characters would be save from mortal danger. Things are turning around. Damn.

Oh, or not. Lol.

Can’t wait for this and if it wasn’t obvious my profile pic is from the Tenchi Muyo franchise

1 Like

Nice! I think Tenchi Universe was the first anime “series” I ever watched. Prior to that it was just whatever movies and OVA’s I could get from BlockBuster. :smile:

Actually, it might have been Guyver, but I can’t remember.

i’ve consumed all of tenchi stuff even the doujins and the 4th and 5th ova seasons and the GXP light novels

It’s a great franchise. I remember not liking Tenchi in Tokyo that much, but GXP was a lot of fun. I’ll have to check out the novels.

it’s one of the few harem anime where the girls are interesting plus he does marry them all and has kids with them

1 Like

did you finish the part one of the second season

I think I did. Episode 38 now.

Rimuru became demon lord, everyone back to life again. Veldora in human form.

Up to date with the anime now. I’ve only got the OADs to watch. But I’m ready for the movie Thursday! Love watching anime in the cinema.

what did you think of both parts of season 2?

I thought it took a bit too long to get going. First part started off slow but then got going, once that was over the slower parts came until we got near the last few episodes where things became interesting again.

First season had slower episodes too, I mean I don’t always need big battles but I felt there was a lot of talking throughout season 2, I felt it became a bit much after a while. I am curious what’s gonna happen next though with all that’s been revealed now.

@Staffy what anime are you watching now?

The OADs of Slime.

Then I will want to continue with Jujutsu Kaisen, Mob Psycho 100 season 2, One Piece, Rising of the Shield Hero season 2, and a few Attack on Titan eps of the last current season.

If you are interested in Slime, you might be interested in Kumo Desu ga, Nani Ka? (So I’m a Spider, so What?)

1 Like

it felt a little to slow to me even though i watched it

Is Food Wars worth watching?

I’ve read the manga and I would say it probably isn’t worth it past the first season or second season. The first arcs are really entertaining, but the manga had a steady decline in quality and was pretty lousy in the second half of the story.

1 Like

I really enjoyed Food Wars, but I would agree with Failwood in that it starts to drag on and get a little weird about halfway through the series.

1 Like