Anime and Manga Thread

i think i heard it’s an anime only film but i don’t care i’m watching it regardless

Yeah, I get ya.

Decided to give it a chance on Crunchyroll, at episode 8 now and I’m thoroughly enjoying this. I had no idea what I was getting into and now I’m hooked.

i have both seasons and the side stories downloaded and i’m reading the manga and the light novel and waiting for season 3 to start production is going to be agonizing

1 Like

it’s hard trying to find something similar to slime to watch that has more than one season or i just fallback on watching OP hero character for the time being

Got a few questions for you…

It turns out Shizu is quite old, but we don’t see that from her appearance until Rimuru touches her, when then see her white hair, wrinkles. Before all this she looked quite young, how come?

I saw a bit from her past, is it correct that she never died (like Mikami did and reincarnated) and was found by the demon lord? Or was she reincarnated as well? I don’t care Google this stuff because of potential spoilers.

Summary

She has a majin called ifftit inside of her that gives her the control of fire and majin live really long lives. She was summoned by demon lord leon cromwell because he looking for a specific person. Do you want me to spoil anymore?

Nah, I’ve seen all of that. I think I’ll just watch until I’ve seen it all and save the questions for then, unless they are answered already by then. :slight_smile:

Summary

The one about who he specifically looking for will be explored a small part but won’t really matter unless they reach the volume for the light novel which is really far away from where they are at

This I think you can answer without any spoilers…

Season 1, episode 14

So Rimuru is fighting the Orc Lord, performing all these crazy attacks on him, also using auto battle mode. He then says he knows how to defeat him and decides he can “eat” him with Predator. But why didn’t he think of that before going all out on him? Couldn’t he have performed Predator on Orc Lord right from the get go?

Summary

He was trying to see what kind of abilities that the Orc Lord has because Rimuru is cautious when it comes to battle that sometimes he’s actually overpowered when a fight really commenced but in this instance, he was trying to figure out what abilities this Orc lord because no point of revealing your trump card when you don’t need to especially if the opponent is weak than him

1 Like

@Staffy really happy i got someone to talk to about “that time i got reincarnated as a slime” let me know if you need anything else

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a really enjoyable anime. So far isn’t super serious or extremely dark, more lighthearted (even though there’s gore, haha) but the protagonist is just very cool and the things he does are commendable, very nice. And then on top of that comes some very funny scenes at times.

I should be going on with One Piece but man, I can’t deny that it sometimes feels like a drag to get through, not every arc is as interesting as the one before it either. I notice how I easily watch five or more episodes a day of Slime and with One Piece if the arc isn’t all that I’m done after two.

Almost done with the first season.

When Rimuru got the ability to transform into human form I was afraid we would see him as actual slime less and less, but that hasn’t been the case so far. Just had a scene where he’s talking to all his people, he could have done this as human, instead he was the slime.

Oh yeah…

What are the additional smaller slimes when Rimuru is in the hot spring? Green and red ones around him, lol. No explanation who and where they came from.

And as for when summons happen, like how children are summoned from the other world, have those children died as well in the real world, like Rimuru was stabbed, and reincarnated as summons in the new world?

Summary
  • I think he more comfortable as a slime and his people love him as a slime
  • they are not slimes they are decorations that you would see in any anime with a hot spring eg- even ice is shaped to look like rimiru
  • No they just are counted as disappeared that is why when they are summon they needed a spirit to keep them anchored and to keep their core stable because if they don’t they will die. Rimuru case is different
1 Like

Nice, thank you :slight_smile:

Just finished season 1 and also the extra eps Crunchyroll has. I see there are also OAD episodes, but I will go watch season 2 first, so that I can go see the movie in the cinema next week. So far it seems to be only a one time showing at the cinema, could change, but I’m not taking chances.

also if it wasn’t obvious rimiru past life is that he worked general contracting

Yep.

Oh yeah, have you also seen the Spin-off Slime Stories?

yes i’ve also read the spin off manga that it is based off of. Basically i consume all slime media there is

1 Like

@Staffy something to watch after is “how a realist hero rebuilt the kingdom”

2 Likes

I would 2nd this. The manga was great and the Anime is good as well.

2 Likes