Anime and Manga Thread

Back in 2017 or so I started watching Dragon Ball, the classic anime with Son Goku. But I never finished it. Picked it up again, started over. It’s great, but it’s perverted here and there too, quite a bit, damn. I don’t mind though.

Goku himself is just awesome, such a likeable, good hearted carefree little fella. When I’m done with this I’ll go watch it all in chronological order. I’ve never really watched DBZ.

1 Like

Haha.

It’s just that around that time I was more busy with cartoons and other stuff. Around the time I really discovered anime, which was when Naruto: Rise of a Ninja on 360 came out I watched all kinds of stuff, but even then still no DBZ.

Hey, better late than never. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Don’t know if anyone is watching this Cyberpunk anime on Netflix. But wow, it’s really good. A lot better than I was expecting.

I wonder what they will do for season 2 of EdgeRunners.

Just finished it. Really sad.

I guess every season could be it’s own self contained story. Not sure if that amounts to large viewership since you know the outcome (meaning most of the characters will die because it’s night city). If they did a season 2 I’d rather they not focus on Arasaka so much. It was a central focus for the game and the anime. I hope that next season it focuses more on other corps like militech or even Arasakas rival corp Tsunami

2 Likes

Are there any anime out there that are like Yakuza? Cool, bad ass, memorable characters, serious story but also goofiness, and in that setting?

I know there’s one called Gangsta I believe, but not really what I’m looking for.

Tokyo Revengers has been on the radar recently.

2 Likes

I can second Tokyo Revengers! Can’t wait for season 2.:slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Cyberpunk Edgerunners indeed is great. Four episodes in.

I’ve only seen Kill la Kill and the movie Promare by Trigger, but Cyberpunk is probably going to be my favourite so far by them.

I was not expecting them to kill off the protagonist in the first season, because for some reason I was expecting a possible second season to star David as well. But it’s clearly going to be a new story. Pretty much the whole crew dead except for a few and they go their own way.

It was sad to see David go but at the same time it’s a very fitting end. He was too far gone already when he killed the innocent lady at Arasaka, he really could have just let her live. And once he put on the exoskeleton it was over, his own body completely gone pretty much, couldn’t have had much of a life with Lucy had he lived.

Didn’t expect the anime to be so good, very nice surprise.

1 Like

Ao Ashi had a solid first season that was wrapped up last weekend. It’s one of the best sports anime i’ve watched

This new Gundam Anime. Not bad, well written characters, beautiful animation, two girls get engaged in the first episode. Yessir

1 Like

I’m excited for this series. Finally get to watch a Gundam during it’s live run. I’ve been watching EVERY Gundam series in production order over the past long while and have watched all the way up to Turn A Gundam.

1 Like

Noice dude. I haven’t seen every Gundam series (just don’t have the time). But my favorite series that I would watch reruns on Toonami all the time was Gundam: War in the Pocket.

Too early to say for me. Will watch the first 5 episodes, but not really feeling it ATM. Honestly feels a bit too much like a Gundam themed Revolutionary Girl Utena parody for me at this point.

Bumping this thread

2 Likes
1 Like

Bruh Chainsaw man is so :fire::fire:. I love how our protagonist Denji doesn’t have any higher goals than to just stay alive, kill some devils, get a girlfriend, and squeeze some titties. I’m sure Pochita would be proud lol

1 Like