Anime and Manga Thread

Uffff man how I whish I could at least buy one tome to support the creators of mangas and comics from here. I know its not an escuse and I know its bad for the industry but due to the high prices here the only thing I can do for now is to read them in questionable sites.

Pretty nice collection you got there! Do you have more or just from TG? I see good movies behind the manga :sunglasses:

1 Like

I get it man, but even word of mouth is a good way to support what you love. Gotta do what you can to at least enjoy it! Plus Iā€™m sure most of them are doing terrific financially anyhow.

TG is actually my first manga series Iā€™ve ever bought. I think the last one I ever read was a Shonen Jump 10+ years ago. Iā€™m thinking of possibly picking up Chainsaw Man, One Punch Man, Black Butler, or AoT, but weā€™ll see.

Oh yeah, I use to buy movies all the time (and have a decent, small anime collection too). Nowadays I kinda just get everything through Vudu if I can. Otherwise itā€™s a sketchy website or maybe a disc (I really need to get around to buying Human;Lost).

2 Likes

Thanks! I try to participate in forums and twitter conversations about themā€¦is the least I can do!

Now that you mentionā€¦I remember bought an episode of Inuyashaā€™s manga (have you heard of it? In an anime, manga and comic conference some time agoā€¦I dont know where is is now e.e. I have heard Chainsaw Man is fantastic but man, having Murataā€™s drawing in the palm of your hands with One Punch man?:drooling_face:

You dont use any subscriotion service?

1 Like

Inuyasha was actually one of the first anime I ever watched! I think itā€™d show up on Adult Swim (late night Cartoon Network), and my parents would have no idea I was watching lol. Iā€™d say itā€™d be Inuyasha, Yu-Yu-Hakusho, and Dragon Ball Z that really got me into anime, but a couple years later Naruto was really the main one that got me all in.

Edit: Almost forgot, Yu-Gi-Oh! and PokĆ©mon were also a huge part of my childhood too, so Iā€™m sure that helped.:joy:

I begrudgingly started using Crunchyroll a week ago. I didnā€™t use it for a while since they couldnā€™t get my free trial working from being a Funimation subscriber so I decided to back off from it for a while. While they do have a lot, theyā€™re still missing some shows that I enjoy, but those ones I can always watch elsewhere I suppose.

I just wish the Crunchyroll app was better. No separate profiles and so many technical issues makes it such a pain.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

RIP to a legend.

4 Likes

Fan film . Really fucking good .

2 Likes

I donā€™t watch it, but absolutely a legend. Rest in peace.

1 Like

Well, been trying to pace myself to only 1 volume a day, but accidentally read through 4 today (and maybe 5)ā€¦ā€¦ oops!

Iā€™ve gotten to where Tokyo Ghoulā€™s anime split off from the original story, so Iā€™m quite interested in all the differences. I kinda hope we get the anime redone some day down the road, but weā€™ll see.

Was planning on buying Choujin X, but didnā€™t realize it doesnā€™t come westward until next year.:sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve also moved things around too so I can have a mostly proper manga shelf! Might have to find some space for some of my games somewhere else while the collection grows.

Nitendo 3ds, xbox 360 and ps2 games??!! O.O

Sadly, none of my phisical games survived. Only digital now through steam.

Again, nice collection my friend!

1 Like

Going to finish the demon slayer anime next week

I beat the game before the anime lol

Also gonna start reading Solo Leveling. People wont shut up about it.

1 Like

Its the ultimate power fantasy anime .

One of the most overrated LN Iā€™ve read. Good thing that the Manwha cut the Korean supremacy and Japan bad topic. Still has pacing and story problems.

But it was the Manwha to start the whole boom of second chance/reborn OP MC theme, so credits to Solo Leveling.

I think the manhwa still has Korea good Japan bad thing .

na that was Mushoku Tensei , which is surprisingly good once you get past the first few chapters .

Not as bad as the LN. Itā€™s rather tame in Manhwa. I think Jinwoo helped Japan in the Manhwa. In LN he used whole Japan as his playground.

I mean for Manhwa. After Solo Leveling almost every popular LN from Korea got a Manhwa.

Mushoku Tensei, Tensei Shitara Slime and SAO started the whole Isekai stuff in Japan.

But there were manhwas before SL was even released . Are you saying SL popularized manhwas for the general audience ?

Yes. Am I wrong ? I donā€™t know any other Manhwa before SL with so much hype. Maybe The Breaker, but itā€™s not a second chance/reborn Manhwa.

I was going to say The breaker lmao but I dont think its as popular as SL .

Still waiting for that sequel . :sob:

1 Like

Sequel is actually out. Called The Breaker Eternal Force.

wtf . I totally missed that .

Around 15 chapters are translated. Still didnā€™t read it, because apparently the pacing is slow, they introduce a new character and people hate him.