Anime and Manga Thread

was wondering what the JJK team that left mappa was working on .

One Piece

Episodes 482 and 483

Fuck this.

For the last couple days I’ve been watching nothing but One Piece, because I just had to find out what Ace’s fate would be. I’ve definitely developed a fatigue now for it too.

But let me get this straight. They dedicate tons of episodes to Luffy going to Impel Down to rescue his brother from execution. They end up in Marineford. All these fights they had, all these people that died all these goddamn million times of hearing Luffy and others screaming “aaaace”. They actually manage to rescue him, but then still dies because he just had to stop running because the chump with his magma power was dissing Whitebeard?

Although I’m sure even if Ace had kept running the dude would have catched up. Yeah fuck this. I am not a fan at all of how they set this up, so goddamn many episodes and this happens. I find his death way too early too. Truly, how much have we seen of him in comparison to many other characters? I really wanted many more scenes of him and Luffy chilling on a boat, maybe joining his crew even, who knows.

I know I mentioned before how in this anime it seemed everyone was safe from mortal danger and I had gotten used to it, liked it. And when the episode even had it in the title I still hoped it was a bluff or whatever. This fucks me up.

1 Like

:phil_lmao:

2 Likes

you're as cold as ice

Gonna take a break from it for sure after this arc, I definitely found plenty of parts from this whole arc to be dragging and with that result? Nah fam. Not a fan at all.

ngl I liked the ace part and what it does to Luffy later on in the story . But you are right , the anime drags alot . I read the manga and it didnt drag as much as the anime .

1 Like

Yeah, sadly more anime are guilty of that, Naruto being one, goddamn.

Do we not need spoiler tags here? I’ll just do it to be sure…

I would have been more at peace with Ace dying later in the anime. I mean finally Luffy is reunited with his brother, things were looking up and sure Whitebeard had reached his last stop, that much was clear but I was OK with that. But I feel much more could have been done with Ace. I mean he would have taken over from Whitebeard, so chances of him joining the Straw Hats was unlikely, but it wasn’t his time yet. But I guess it was.

Episode after it Whitebeard goes loose on that motherfucker, if only he had done this way earlier, sigh. With the way they were dragging this I kept thinking to myself that there’s no way they’ll kill him off. Had I read the manga first I bet it would have felt more right. Ah well.

You don’t say…

1 Like

Buddy of mine who has seen it all so far says Oda has everything written down up till the end. So in the case something were to happen to him, it can be finished.

I just gotta wonder though, when will it truly be finished? Lol. Although it isn’t nearly as crazy as Detective Conan, and there’s even another anime that is like 4000 episodes or something, lordy Lord.

At least One Piece doesn’t have an overabundance of filler.

1 Like

I think the manga will be finished in 2.5-3 years .

And how far behind is the anime right now?

I think 47 chapters behind .

That isn’t too bad actually.

yea .

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO!!!

1 Like

What’s this about?

1 Like

Is that Togashi?

Hunter X Hunter manga is continuing . It went on break in 2018 . The writer has some back issues and he has been on breaks on and off for the last few years but completely stopped in 2018. No one expected him to come back but he is !

1 Like

Yes

We back to getting 3 chapters a year

1 Like