Anime and Manga Thread

I want to support anime so badly but Crunchyroll at times makes it so hard. For no reason the app on Xbox acts like crap, just keeps showing me the spinning circle, there are weird issues with fast forwarding (I do this for Shippuden because I don’t need to see those intros constantly) I’ve had random errors without any explanation.

This goes for their Android app too, weird issues now and then out of nowhere. The Windows app seems alright until I saw how it goes out of fullscreen after each episodes, God knows why. There’s so a great deal many shows they just don’t offer in my country. Also for some reason still not all One Piece episodes.

Oh ok, cheers for the reply. For some reason I thought it was all on there

My monthly dose of villainess and her punching bags is here

About 45 more episodes left for Shippuden and I will have finally completed it. I love it, but man those fillers. I realize I can easily skip them, but I just want to have seen it all. That’s a stupid quirk of mine.

But man, I can’t imagine having watched this live on TV. They have had so much filler in a row that lasted for as long as 7 months before canon episodes were aired again. Insanity.

Just discovered the anime “The Great Pretender” on Netflix, and wow it’s a sleeper hit imo. I was able to binge the 15 episodes shown so far, and I highly recommend checking out this show.

I’m only 6 episodes in so far and I agree with you. It’s one of the better shows to come out this year

1 Like

The other day I finally finished Naruto Shippuden and I absolutely loved it. I love how it’s about so many other things than just Naruto. It’s about so many characters and some of their tragic stories really hit me in the feels, awesome stuff. I love it so much that I’m considering getting the manga box sets.

I’m now going to watch all the Naruto movies and then begin with Boruto.

Look what just came in the mail!

Managed to get it for 68 euros in total, sealed, via a Ebay like site. Happy af!

4 Likes

Has anyone watched Psycho Pass Season 3? If so, how does it stand up to the previous seasons? I had literally forgotten season 3 existed.

Hajime no Ippo just got licensed by Discotek. It will probably show up on Amazon Prime or Crunchyroll in 2021.

Rent a Girlfriend and Uzaki got 2nd seasons.

Haikyuu is must watch. New season begins next month.

1 Like

The Hunter X Hunter hiatus is getting more and more painful. At this rate the folks will never get off that damn ship.

1 Like

Wait, didn’t that anime end a long time ago?

The original anime run ended well into the manga’s life, its conclusion is nowhere near where the manga ends up.

The remake ends what a lot of folks consider the “first ending” of the manga. It’s pretty conclusive, most character arcs are dealt with, and it ends on a satisfying manner. Back then however, the author was suffering of severe back pain, and in fact the last two chapters are drawn horribly.

After that, he began working on an arc that is supposed to be even bigger than the Chimera Ant one. The only issue is that his health is not on par with his ambitions, so he usually manages to do like 10 chapters then a break for months. Now he’s been on hiatus for like 2 years now, with no signs of it ending. The arc is nowhere near its conclusion, he’s been at it for several years at really slow pace, and is effectively not working on it for years now.

The anime’s conclusion happens at a great point. The story is not over yet though. And at this point, since he doesn’t want to delegate the drawing to someone else, I’m afraid it never may be.

1 Like

Ooooh wait, my bad.

I should have realized you meant the Manga, haha. :slight_smile:

Dorohedoro is pretty dope. Loved the gritty, violent but still comedic tone. Also surprised to see 3D working so well without coming off fake and horrible, especially as someone who does 3D stuff, it’s becoming a major inspiration and reference dump to study the techniques they used haha. It has good art and technical direction much reminiscent of the movie Tekkonkinkreet, no surprise as the same art director worked on both.

Happy Haikyuu is finally back, but I think I will wait next month to begin part 2 because watching weekly can be too much for me and prefer to binge sports anime

1 Like

This season is good. Its been a long time since I picked up 10 anime in a single season.

1 Like

I know this is the last season, really hope the creator gets an itch to pump out new content giving us more seasons

Also picked up Jujutsu Kaisen and two donghua

Anyone here a fan The Great Pretender? started it recently and digging the heist storyline and the bright art style