Activision rumored to be releasing the next Three Call of Duty's on Playstation (Two Mainline Games, Warzone 2.0 in 2023)

So Modern Warfare 2 and then whatever Black Ops Treyarch is doing. :thinking:

This was pretty obvious regardless given how the timing works out. The fact that MS is finalizing the buyout in the middle of Activision’s normal fiscal year would lead most to assume 2023’s CoD was not gonna be exclusive anyhow. Day 1 on GP is still gonna happen here I think tho.

1 Like

Yep Its expected the Diablo 4 and overwatch 2 situation is more interesting

After 2023 CoD should have free year in 2024, then in 2025 it comes back only on Xbox, bigger than ever.

4 Likes

This is not a bad outcome for Playstation in the short term. Modern Warfare 2, Cold War 2 and Warzone 2 could easily satisfy the CoD fanbase on Playstation for the whole of this gen.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Ah yes and Fifa players would be fine with FIFA 22 FIFA 23 and PES 23 for the gen.

Not buying that, casuals will head to xbox if that’s where it is. Especially if they get notice the end is nigh.

4 Likes

Sad but true.

Wait… SO I WAS RIGHT???

Honestly. I hope they put CoD on a 1.5/2 year dev cycle (If all three teams are still on CoD). Just giving extra time wherever they can could help so much.

1 Like

We already knew this.

I think that adding 2 more years would be too much, 1 to 1.5 should be fine.

Making a big comeback after this period should be great for Xbox and the IP.

Two Questions Remain:

1. Does Sony’s deal with Activision prevent Treyarch’s 2023 CoD from Releasing Day 1 on GamePass? Does Microsoft use this as a bargaining chip? Having a Treyarch Black Ops Day 1 on GamePass would be enormous.

2. Does Sledgehammer have a CoD lined up for 2024? If it’s business as usual until closing, it would give Sledgehammer 18+ months working on CoD 2024. Be a shame to throw all that dev time away.

3. Lol, is Sledgehammer 2024 really gonna be first exclusive CoD?

only problem here is 2023 and 2022 COD GP sitution

Deal probably won’t close in time for 2022 so that one is business as usual .

Treyarch’s 2023 is gonna be INTERESTING to watch.

2 Likes

This is true! I just think you could pad out the breaks in between titles with DLC which in turn could give the next title(s) more time to bake.

Either way could be an improvement.

I’m almost leaning towards it not causing issues if the deal was signed years back (before Game Pass even existed).

Then again, maybe there’s some specific wording that would still prevent it. Maybe that’s something Xbox/Sony could figure out for “future” releases.

1 Like

Man, our first exclusive CoD’s gonna be Sledgehammer…

Sledgehammer CoD isn’t bad but… it’s now IW or Treyarch…

(Assuming of course 2024 CoD isn’t delayed/shelved in 2023 after deal closes)

Now I could get more excited if Sledgehammer CoD is more Advanced Warfare than WWII/Vanguard.

Advanced Warfare was great and I’ll fight people who say otherwise.

2 Likes

Other question is does Sony continue with marketing rights and is there continued exclusive content? Those are negotiating points potentially as well.