Activision rumored to be releasing the next Three Call of Duty's on Playstation (Two Mainline Games, Warzone 2.0 in 2023)

6 Likes

So basically 2024 and on could be Xbox exclusive

11 Likes

so colt had the right time then

4 Likes

What’s the meaning of Warzone 2? It makes no sense.

Any other game this would mean a decade of releases. But instead it’s only 3 years. :smile:

3 Likes

They’re making a brand new Warzone I guess

This is pretty much a confirmation of exclusivity after 2023 lol.

10 Likes

Yeah I don’t get it either. I thought it was just going to be Warzone for years to come.

I can only think that it is a clean slate of sorts in order to drop last gen.

1 Like

@ProgStopper

1 Like

Is it just me or does Warzone 2 sound just as stupid as making an Overwatch 2 when both could and should just be regularly updated platforms?

2 Likes

warzone 2 could but a full multiplayer platform instead of just the battle royale

The only question that remains is do those 2 releases come to Game Pass day one or not. If Sony has the language in there that they can’t but still want to keep COD longer it could be a bargaining chip for them. Not giving in would definitely push Xbox to make it exclusive after 2023

10 Likes

Yes, it does, 100% it’s made only to cash in.

3 Likes

Was wondering if the deal would be 2024 also.

Seems it ends in 2023 then.

1 Like

Where did they commit to this out of curiosity? And does this include exclusivity stuff?

So basically one mainline CoD for Playstation post acquisition.

1 Like

Even if they don’t go into Game Pass day one, Microsoft can offset that by charging less to buy the game on all platforms. Since Game Pass is $10 a month, they could sell COD 2022/2023 for $10 each and say, we’re sorry for Activision ripping all of you off for the last decade plus. Of course, they wouldn’t say that but I wouldn’t be surprised if the price gets reduced drastically for launch.

We’re talking like games coming less than 6 months after the acquisition is final. Not really suprised they’d get released even without a contract, most of the work will be done.

2 Likes

I hope Warzone 2 is actually them making it stand alone. Instead of bolting on every new game that comes out. That way they can move away from yearly releases and free up Toys for Bob, High Moon, Beenox.

2 Likes