Activision-Blizzard: thoughts on game exclusivity?

Not being a person that leans on dramatic extremes is not having some higher moral ground. Cut the crap and get back on topic.

1 Like

Man listen, you’re cool but you exaggerate and overblow a lot of things, specifically platform comparisons and console war related stuff. CoD isn’t crap on Xbox. If you see some dropped frames on DF comparisons, that doesn’t mean it’s crap. Like, chill please.

3 Likes

I would assume it is the same as with Bethesda.

3 Likes

Pretty much.

Im curious to see the valuations on the IP’s tho cause I think Doom, Fallout and TES were valued at like 6B lol.

When talking about COD being exclusive, it does make me wonder how long the deal with Sony has been signed for. I guess technically since that information isn’t necessarily public and no future COD games have been announced yet, MS can buy out that contract with little to no public backlash outside of the normal backlash this deal would have otherwise created.

2 Likes

Yes, very interesting to see where that goes. I would think the possibility of an actual buyout of contracts is way higher than it was with some Bethesda contracts.

Every game will be fully exclusive to Xbox excluding the games that have already been released or that will be released before the acquisition is legally finalized. In other words, once the acquisition is legally finalized, every release afterwards including Call of Duty will be 100% fully exclusive to Xbox/PC/Cloud.

5 Likes

I posted this in the main thread already, before I realized this thread existed. That other one is moving so fast I might as well post it here, too.

People arguing that Xbox would lose too much money not bringing franchises like Call of Duty to other platforms just aren’t looking at the potential billions that can be generated from a true Netflix-of-gaming success story. If Game Pass can get 200 million subscribers (like Netflix) that’s at minimum $2 billion a month.

That’s the goal. That’s why they’re spending like this. And having franchises like CoD and Elder Scrolls exclusive to “platforms where Game Pass exists” is exactly how you achieve those numbers.

The only titles that will remain multiplatform are the ongoing games, like Warzone. The next CoD will for certain be Xbox ecosystem exclusive.

In my opinion.

2 Likes

Warzone will be, overwatch 2 will be (it is replacing OW1), other than that?

8 Likes

Cod is the one game I just cant see being Exclusive could be wrong tho

Everyone said the same about Bethesda

7 Likes

I thought those would be exclusive it just hard for me to see Cod go exclusive that say if Take-two got bought I could see GTA 6 being exclusive but that is just me

every single new game will be exclusive and the exception will be if any aren’t. Just expect this and you’ll be right far more often than you’re wrong.

6 Likes

This is the Zenimax line which probably translates to whatever releases between now and closing, Warzone and OW2.

10 Likes

Same Zenimax pr words. XD

AKA Warzone is safe, other things…are not.

1 Like

I keep going back and fourth on whether call of duty will be exclusive or not…I think mainline entries will end up becoming exclusive. I don’t think anti-trust cares.

I’m semi-worried for PlayStation to be honest and I say that as someone who doesn’t own a PlayStation. I hope we can have a happy/healthy competitive market but what is the alternative for Activision Blizzard?

Nobody wanted to work for them after these scandals came out, call of duty was on a small decline, as well as a lot of Blizzard stuff. Hopefully Microsoft can fix these Activblizzard properties.

Guess we will see I just hope Toys for bob and High moon studios get to work on games again and not just Cod

1 Like

Got a feeling Toys for Bob is gonnna do a Banjo 3

Xbox didnt buy these studios to be CoD factories.

1 Like

Microsoft has the IP to make their own Kart racer now, okay XboxEra. It’s time, Beenox can make that all in one Xbox Game Studios kart racer now…

3 Likes