Activision-Blizzard: thoughts on game exclusivity?

Haha, nice one.

True, why would they let all these franchises keep releasing on competitor’s platforms? They aren’t doing so with Starfield, or TES VI and so on.

Their wording compared to what they said about Bethesda is different, but I doubt this very much. CoD is a humongous franchise, the idea it would be exclusive sounds “out there” but at the same time…it should? Were the roles reversed…

If Sony continues their plan for Spartacus, why would you keep… basically helping out your competitor? Having CoD on Game Pass day one is crazy, will for sure help growth for the service but if PS players can still buy it for PS5 too…Game Pass misses out on those subs.

I am not sure if this how it works but ideally Xbox can now tell Sony to chill out, slow down or stop with those FF exclusivity deals and other Japanese pubs or else no more CoD. So in that way it would help if out.

If it works like that…no clue.

Here’s your answer.

As a reality, we know the following will be multiplat due to pre-existing commitments:

• Overwatch 2
  • Diablo 4
  • Warzone
  • CoD titles until Marketing deal ends

All else fair game. I also think ABK will end their focus on getting a CoD out every year, we’ll see a return to some of their older IP (and help for some of MS’s) and Blizzard games will start to hit Xbox.

1 Like

The best part of this is now we can all stop arguing about whether Elder Scrolls is too big to be exclusive! Because now we can have the exact same argument about Call of Duty instead.

Grubb’s take

14 Likes

I can see COD single players campaigns be xbox exclusive but the multiplayer component releasing of PS as well .

More important than COD going exclusive: will COD remain an yearly franchise?

3 Likes

Pretty much what I think

1 Like

Microsoft to Sony fans who want to play COD and Diablo: “Do you guys not have phones?” :rofl:

3 Likes

#some

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

2 Likes

Eh I think same as Zenimax. Previous commitments.

8 Likes

I just want them to get ahead of this and set expectations now lol

yeah, the more i think about it, cod as yearly release or semi yearly release is definitely going exclusive.

Do we have any idea how long the marketing deal Sony has lasts?

I hope soon and guess what, magically after that COD on Xbox will stop to be crap. XD

1 Like

SOME

These are kind of along my lines of thought as well. I wonder if they move to making Warzone updates their annual thing while moving COD games to a franchise that releases every 3 or 4 years.

COD has never been crap on Xbox. Stop pushing this tired and untrue narrative.

2 Likes

You clearly don’t play Warzone. XD

I do every once in a while and yeah, it’s still not true.

LoL I honestly don’t won’t how @Roronoa_Zoro90 doesn’t get tired of this.

1 Like

Ok, cool, I don’t want to argue with your usual higher moral ground standpoint.