Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Go back to Night City!

2 Likes

lmao

2 Likes

Now that Iā€™ve stated working again, Iā€™ve been barely touching anything.:frowning:

Really happy with my progress overall though. 32 completions so far this yearā€¦ and counting.

I donā€™t think I wouldā€™ve pushed this much without this thread though, so thanks everyone and @brunopcosta1 for putting this all together.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

I moved this last week so all I had was the occasional time to play and hot spots until my internet got set back up. I was able to make some progress through clearing out some older games left unfinished on my card, as well as some Series X games. Here is what I was able to finish:

100% Escape Game Fort Boyard- essentially a collection of mini games that feel like it should have came out 10 years ago on Kinect. Do not recommend.

Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead(Series X completion #12)- I could not conceptualize the physics in this game. Nothing really seemed to make sense with me, it never clicked. Another one that I do not recommend.

Morkredd(Series X completion #13)- Interesting puzzle game that is worth a playthrough. Not a fan that the completion requires two playthroughs. I played in single player and it seems like it would be more frustrating with two players. You can control both characters with one controller, and the goal is to avoid the shadow of the other character. Interesting concept and a short game as well. I did it in under 2 hrs on my first run through.

Bartlows Dread Machine- I donā€™t see this talked about often, but it is a Xbox One exclusive published by the same guy who did Voodoo Vince. I enjoyed it. It is a side scrolling shooter where you are stuck on rails. The story is over the top but the game itself isnā€™t too long. A few hours maybe. The last achievement is a grind unfortunately.

Beat the Story Mirrors Edge(655/1000)- I apparently never beat this when I first played it many years ago. I went back and started from the beginning and had a blast. I wonā€™t try for the completion, I have too much I want to still play to trial and error my way through this on hard/speedruns.

Chipping Away Puyo Puyo Tetris 2- piecing my way through the story. Iā€™m not the greatest at Tetris or Puyo Puyo so this has been a struggle.

Hitman 3- Did a misc achievement. I want to finish out the 100% base game for this but the mastery levels are a pain

Forza Horizon 4- I have slowly chipped away at the DLC since I got the Series X. I have gotten more done with the Lego DLC, but now am at the point where I am grinding out the brick challenges.

5 Likes

Completion #122: Superhot: Mind Control Delete

• Estimated Difficulty: 4/10
  • Estimated Time: 10-12 hours

SUPER. HOT.

I loved the first game. I played it when it was about to leave Game Pass, and played nothing but that until I got the 1000g, so I had kind of high hopes for Mind Control Delete.

It still plays like Superhot, but in my opinion it is not as good as the first game. The first game had some incredible level designs which mixed the first person-shooter with some kind of a puzzle element, in which we had to find the best way to beat the level by killing each and every enemy. In MCD, though, the levels are random, and you beat them by killing a certain amount of enemies.

MCD adds some stuff aswell that I was not a fan of: spiky bombs, enemies which can only be hit on a certain part of the bodyā€¦ and the worst of all: invincible enemies. The first game was challenging, but it was a ā€œpureā€ difficulty: you are in a room with many enemies and you have to find a way to beat them all without being hit. MCDā€™s challenge is more ā€œartificialā€, since I could die by getting close to a spiky bomb I did not see or by getting hit by a katana that was thrown by an invincible demon samurai lord from across the level.

Achievements-wise, MCD is much easier than the first game. You basically just have to beat the game andā€¦ leave the game open for two and a half hours. Yeah, you actually have to leave the game idle while a progression bar is being filled for 2.5 hours. And it was way worse before the patch! At first the console had to be on for EIGHT HOURS!

Anyway, I believe this is my first series completion! Not the biggest series out there, but Iā€™m still hapy with it.

6 Likes

I donā€™t understand the TA scores sometimes.

You have 100% in Superhot, but only 100% enough to get 5228/5229TA lol.

Good write up.:slight_smile:

1 Like

I was really disappointed by the back half of Mind Control Delete personally. The developers donā€™t seem to understand what nuance means, all their ideas are bashed in way past their welcome. The same stages appear too many damn times, the gameplay loop becomes extremely repetitive (I know that itā€™s meta-commentary to an extent, but it goes past the point of good design), and all the endgame ā€œvariationsā€ where the game changes completely areā€¦ not fun. I get what they were going for, once again, but they felt like annoyances rather than genius moments since they lasted A LOT for some reason. As much as I love achievements, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever go back to clean up this one.

1 Like

Oh wow, you got the Touryst, as if the jumping puzzles werenā€™t infuriating enough for me after completing it and coming back to do the arcade achievements I just rage quit after an hour or so just on the first arcade.

Kudos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here, those arcade games made me give up on 100% the game. I finished the story though, but that arcadey bit was not fun. I managed to beat the racing game, but not the others. I honestly did not have any real issues with the actual game though, frustrating platforming sure but not impossible.

3 Likes

Yeah the platforming annoyed me but I managed to complete the game, overall it was fun and gorgeous, but that platforming it was just ā€œoffā€ like little big planet has always been. I enjoyed the game despite it, rather than because of it.

And yeah the driving one was the one I came a mosquitoā€™s eyelash away from getting, the rest were just as bad if not worse. Its like the arcade trophies in Stardew Valley, what an absolute pain.

2 Likes

Just a tip, for the platforming one with the hearts, go for them in order and youā€™ll get more points much faster.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll keep that in mind if I ever go back, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers. I really didnā€™t think I could 100% it either because I really struggled with the platforming. Got really pissed off and decided I will challenge myself and bloody do it :laughing:

I managed the first two arcade machines without too much trouble, but that Arkanoid knockoff took me about an hour or so.

Really trying to clean up my backlog and Iā€™m determined to do all my (Complete Nā€™ Delete) pins I have on my Xbox.

1 Like

Even Snow Bike Mike hates odd achievement scores! At around @ 18 minutes

2 Likes

Iā€™m working my way up for the Wreckfest completion, but I canā€™t for the life of me create a private lobby. It always shows an error E-300 ā€“ Connection Failed. :frowning:

1 Like

Is it any good? Thinking about playing that soon, not for completion though.

Iā€™m playing The Falconeer atm and Iā€™m having problems with achievements not unlocking, so that pissed me off a bit since I was going for completion on that one. The game is fun, the flying is excellent and itā€™s very pretty.

1 Like

Itā€™s very, very fun when the events are focused on mayhem. Demolition races with lawnmowers or school bases, etc. But there are some events in the career that are just races, and thatā€™s not the reason I started the game. It gets worse by the end of the career when there are 8 races in a row with 12 laps each.

But I do recommend it, especially if you are not interested in the completion!

Talking about The Falconeer, I had no problems with the achievements. What is not unlocking for you?

1 Like

Aight Wreckfest is getting downloaded :wink:

Steel Surgeon (Destroying 15 turrets in one mission) is the latest culprit, tried all the tricks. No kills are registering, or just a couple.

I also had problems with the finding all Sea chantresses, but that one unlocked randomly.

1 Like

Rogue Company is now my jam. Also fyi if anyone wants to make the completion easier make sure to grab the perk from Game Pass Ultimate because gives you 600 coins, which you can buy a character so the 8 wins with 8 characters will be a bit easier cause the game gives you 6 characters out of the gate. Youā€™ll earn enough rep points to buy the 8th while going for another achievements.

3 Likes

made it to 200.000 :partying_face:

now lets finish The Medium

5 Likes