Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Congrats on 200k.

3 Likes

Gratz! I hope to reach that next year.

2 Likes

So, Iā€™ve been playing Final Fantasy 12 and Iā€™m surprised at how much Iā€™m enjoying it. I still think it sucks as a ā€œFinal Fantasyā€ game, but overall itā€™s fun, has an interesting story and the music is fantastic. I also discovered around the 10 hour mark that you can speed up the game x4 which makes everything sooooooooo much better.

This is going to be a long completion (TA says 80-100 hours and I believe it), but I think Iā€™m going to stick with it.

3 Likes

Just beat Yakuza 7 and am grinding to beat the lvl 99 dungeon for the rarest achievement; itā€™s weird how thereā€™s only one way to grind xp but I enjoyed the game so much I want to get the 1000/1000

4 Likes

Hmm, thatā€™s odd! I got this achievement without any problem. I used the guide on TA, but I believe thatā€™s also the same guide youā€™re using?

The only achievement that didnā€™t unlock for me was for completing all the races, but that was because I completed one of the races in a different chapter. Doing every race in a single chapter solved the problem.

I really wanted to give the game a try, but the ā€œ24 hour in a partyā€ achievement pushes me away every time.

Hey, congrats! Hopefully Iā€™ll hit this milestone this year!

I have it downloaded! I actually downloaded a bunch of Japanese games ā€“ Yu-gi-oh: Legacy of the Duelist, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest XI, Yakuza 0 and Dynasty Warriors 9. I really want to play them all, but they are all huge time sinkers, so I have to chose carefullyā€¦

Yeah, I know what you mean!

I didnā€™t grind all the jobs like some guides suggest (I believe I grinded only 4 until level 99, and a bit of the rest). But even with a good team it was really, really hardā€¦ but at the same time it was very, very rewarding when I finally beat it. One of my favorite achievement moments from last year for sure!

2 Likes

You grinded 4 jobs to 99? Yeesh I might not be able to manage that lol. I have a good group comp and Iā€™m hoping once I get their main jobs to 90ish I can manage it. It seems like I just need to get my hp/defense up to survive in between turns.

1 Like

I just checked my team, and I did not grind 4 jobs to max after all.

If it helps, this was the team I used to beat the final tower:

1. Ichiban Kasuga (lv. 99, Hero lv. 99 // + Enforcer lv. 99, Breaker lv. 57, Freelancer lv. 41, Host lv. 32, Foreman lv. 28). Weapon: Legendary Heroā€™s Bat EX +5
  2. Tianyou Zhao (lv. 99, Gangster lv. 99 // + Breaker lv. 99, Foreman lv. 48, Enforcer lv. 42, Fortuneteller lv. 33, Host lv. 30). Weapon: Curved Crystal Saber EX +3
  3. Koichi Adachi (lv. 99, Enforcer lv. 99 // + Detective lv. 99, Bodyguard lv. 68, Foreman lv. 32, Host lv. 25). Weapon: Special Ops Riot Shield EX +4
  4. Eri Kamataki (lv. 99, Idol lv. 99 // + Night Queen lv. 99, Dealer lv. 82, Clerk lv. 34). Weapon: Celestial Microphone EX +1

This was my back up (which, to be honest, I almost didnā€™t use during the tower);

1. Nanba (lv. 99, Homeless Guy lv. 99 // + Foreman lv. 99, Enforcer lv. 45, Fortuneteller lv. 41). Weapon: Amenohoakari no Mikoto +1
  2. Joon-gi Han (lv. 99, Hitman lv. 99 // + Enforcer lv. 99, Host lv. 32, Foreman lv. 30, Breaker lv. 23). Weapon: Darksilver Fists EX +1
  3. Saeko Mukoda (lv. 99, Night Queen lv. 99 // + Idol lv. 99, Dealer lv. 57, Barmaid lv. 37, Hostess lv. 31). Weapon: Electric Whip

I believe I had to grind around 20 hours to reach this team. And even with this team it was really, really hard to beat the final tower. It took me around 5 tries (with each try taking almost an hour). My save file clocked 68 hours, but the Xbox tracker clocked almost 80 hours ā€“ much due to the times I had to reload an older save because I had died.

When you reach the final fight and the final boss summons the three shadow characters, stop using AoE attacks. First of all summon Mr. Masochist, and then use your strongest single enemy attack on the final boss. If you use AoE attacks, you deploy the other characters HP and they start summoning special attacks. Focus in one enemy at a time.

The perfect order for dealing with the final fight is:

1. Amon; 2. Majima; 3. Saejima and 4. Kiryu

Damn, I really miss this game.

2 Likes

Woof thatā€™s brutal, thanks for the detailed post tho! Iā€™ll prbly get my main jobs to 99 then get my ass kicked and go back to the drawing board. Iā€™ve got a lot of the same jobs at 20-30 for the skills but nothing higher than that yet.

1 Like

Yeah I tried all the tips on TA but no luck. Canā€™t get the ships either. Whatā€™s really strange is that I very often get 0 fixed targets, despite blowing up like 30 turrets. It must be bugged/broken. Also not happy about having to redo races, did not know it had to be in the same chapter. Buggy mess of a game

Do it! Itā€™s a long and somewhat difficult but really rewarding completion. FF12 is like one of my top 5 all time favorite games though.

ā€¦and now I canā€™t even discover locations anymore.

Completion #123: Wreckfest

• Estimated Difficulty: 3/10
  • Estimated Time: 17-20 hours

Wreckfest is a fantastic game when it knows its place: ridiculous races and deathmatches with Big Rigs, Sofa Cars, Lawn Mowers and School Buses. The car damages remind me a lot of the first 360 Grid from 2008, which had some amazing crashing physics. But, for some reason, while nearing the end of its career, Wreckfest throws at us some long events with 12 laps, making races take around 15 minutes each as if it was some rally game.

The achievements are not hard at all. You donā€™t need to win every race nor complete the bonus goals. You just have to reach a set amount of points in each championship and win every challenge race. There are some simple miscellaneous achievements, some of which youā€™ll probably have to grind for a bit in the end (like wreck / be wrecked 100 times and drive 1 hour with the Lawn Mower). There is also a multiplayer achievement for winning 20 events, but it can be quickly boosted with 15 seconds races.

3 Likes

Hi

I sent a request to join on TA, but I donā€™t seem to have joined yet. Do I need to do the request to join again, no probs if I need to do so?

thx.

1 Like

This week I 100% The Falconeer for the game of the month. Had good fun with it, despite itā€™s flaws. I think the gameplay loop/mission structure was repitiive and the open world was a bit barren but it is impressive given the size of the team and it wasnā€™t too long to the point it got stale. You can beat the game in probably 6-8 hours and then a few more required to 100% it.

I also beat WET(Xbox 360). Iā€™m not going for 100%, but I finished around ~550/1000. Requires multiple playthroughs for the completion. It was a lot of fun, not all of it aged well but was a good time. Also fun fact, this was published by Bethesda so I believe Microsoft might own the IP?

1 Like

How did you manage the Steel Surgeon achievement in The Falconeer? And when did you do it? Iā€™m starting to think the latest patch might have broken something.

Hey, man!

I replied to your first post in here telling you that something went wrong when I accepted your request. I sent you a new invitation at the time, but I didnā€™t hear from you since then.

Please dend a new request over TA and Iā€™ll definitely accept it!

I thought the same but I think the longest will be 100 revives. I only have 26 so far. For the 25 hour i have been playing Demolition cause matches take up to 30 mins per match so you are in game alot. It is a pretty fun game too.

1 Like

My achievement says Feb 18th. I went into a mission and flew between two outposts that had turrets on them. When you fly to one, the other respawns. Rinse and repeat. I went and counted on my own and made sure I had 20+ just to be safe.

1 Like

Completion #124: Donut County

• Estimated Difficulty: 1/10
  • Estimated Time: 2 hours

Once again I wonā€™t say much because everyone and their mothers have this completion. Fun little physics-based game with a quick completion. Well worth a playthrough!

2 Likes

Manā€¦why doesnā€™t that work for me? Last night I popped 40 turrets, not one counted. Did you do the mission stuff before or after you destroyed the turrets?

1 Like