Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

I got 100% on Hitman 3 and loved every minute of it. Some really interesting changes to the formula that I thought worked quite well (especially Dartmoor). Weighing it up though, I think Hitman 2 is overall still my favourite game in the trilogy.

The achievement hunting is definitely going to come to a bit of a standstill. I’m deep into Dragon Quest 11 and I’m really enjoying it. The real fast load times on the Series X definitely helps also!

3 Likes

Just saw that Xitilon are making windows 10 stacks now so thats a thing. laugh lol GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Going to try Rogue Company tonight. Everyone getting good completions and all I do is play Warzone :joy:

1 Like

They are not Play Anywhere, though, so a second purchase is necessary. They are reeeeaaally miliking achievement hunters!

On a side note, now every new Ratalaika release is also “Optimized for the Series X|S”. This is the second publisher that realizes that this gives extra visibility, even though no optimizations were needed lol

The load times on The Series X are insane. I was playing through The Little Acre while watching Maka’s video guide, and every time I had to pause my game and advance the video because the loading times for him was 5x longer!

My Avengers completion would have taken 10 hours less if I played it on the Series X instead lol

1 Like

Completion #120: The Little Acre

• Estimated Difficulty: 1/10
  • Estimated Time: 1 hour

Nothing much to say since everyone in here already completed it lol It is a little point and click adventure game with a quick completion if you are following a guide. And it’s also on Game Pass!

The animation style reminded me a bit of Dragon’s Lair, which I’m not the biggest fan of.

3 Likes

I wonder if someday we will be able to sort our achievements list alphabetically like we can on the Xbox PC App. It is astonishing how many basic features are missing :frowning:

Well, at least we have achievements. I’m playing through Super Mario 3D World and I would kill for achievements supports on the Switch.

top of the week after ages. I see what that does to your overall score. Cheers for keeping this up Bruno; even though we disappear at times

1 Like

Just completed Final Fantasy VIII: Remastered. I hated that game back in 1999 and I still hate it today. Easily my 2nd least favorite FF game. Now to move on to my least favorite, FF12… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve tried a little with a few FF-games but I just can’t get into them. I do not see the appeal tbh.

1 Like

I grew up with Final Fantasy. I played the first one on NES around the same time I played Dragon Warrior and both those games made me fall in love with rpg’s. FF 1-9 were all great with 8 being a weird outlier, and then the series took a nose dive after Sakaguchi got the boot from Square/Enix after the release of 9.

I think a lot of it for me is just nostalgia. Some of these games were incredible for their time but might not hold up today. 7 is like that for me. I still like and enjoy it, but man is it dated.

Also, the JRPG gameplay style (at least how it used to be) can be an acquired taste.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have none of those nostalgic hooks, neither with FF or JRPG’s so that probably explains why I don’t get it.

3 Likes

Nice one. I’d love to get FF7 and FF8 done.

2 Likes

Here is a quick overview of my Achievement hunting 2021 so far:

Haven 1000/1000 :achievement: A game about love, friendship and a strange substance called flow. Really enjoyed the relaxing gameplay. Loved the chemistry between Yu & Kay as it reminds me a lot of my own relationship with my wife.

Doom 64 1000/1000 :achievement: More classic doom. A few new weapons. Different soundtrack. Still rocks :love_you_gesture:

Call of Sea 1000/1000 :achievement: Walking sim with plenty of Eye candy and some tedious puzzles. Decent first entry for the studio.

Donut County 1000/1000 :achievement: Relaxing Bite sized game. The visuals, music and story are excellent. Reminded me a lot of Katamari. Short but enjoyable for what it is. #teamBK

Carto 1000/1000 :achievement: Do you like maps? Enjoy puzzles? Well this is for you. Adorable visuals and charming characters. Pretty much a game about learning different lands and cultures.

The Touryst 1000/1000 :achievement: Exploration Puzzle Game with some very frustrating jumping puzzles.

Starbound 1000/1000 :achievement: Achievement Fodder. Supossed to be an excellent game from what I’ve read.

Castle of No Escape 1000/1000 :achievement: What am I doing with my life?

The Medium 760/1000 :achievement: It was good but not exactly what I wanted from it. I was one of those people that wanted a Silent Hill knockoff. Intrigued to see what bloopers next project is. I will eventually come back to it to clean up the last achievements.

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion 1000/1000 :achievement: Love Adventure Time but this just felt like an unfinished mobile game. Just as you start getting into it the game you’re at the end. Really basic combat and glitches galore. Easy completion though.

Project Starship 1000/1000 :achievement: I actually really like shmups… Just a shame I’m terrible at them. Fun for an hour or two with an easy completion.

Fire: Ungh’s Quest 1000/1000 :achievement: Bought this back in the day for my Asus T100 running Windows 8 and finally sat down and finished that bloody game. Very simple point & click that actually reminded me of Toonstruck in some ways.

Next on the list Day of The Tentecal, Full Throttle & Grim Fandango.

11 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

I really want this completion but my game is bugged. At least on OG Xbone I didn’t try on Series X. Pirate ships don’t spawn and if they do the penguin side quest gets bugged. :sob:

2 Likes

I surprisingly didn’t have any problems popping the achievements. I even completed the game and then finished the penguins & candy kids side Quests. Playing on the Series X on the SSD.

1 Like

Those are some nice completions. Haven is a game i want to play at some point. I love that little achievement unlocked icon. :achievement:

2 Likes

Completion #121: Shadows of the Damned

• Estimated Difficulty: 3/10
  • Estimated Time: 20 hours

Damn, what a boring completion. First of all, you have to finish the game three times because the difficulty achievements don’t stack. To make things worse, you can’t skip any of the cutscenes. And man, are those cutscenes bad! Full of bad and embarassing sex jokes.

I couldn’t care less for the characters aswell. Paula must be one of the most annoying characters out there. I couldn’t stand her running and dying over and over again during the course of the game. And that lady who danced for two straight chapters? Hng

I started the game back in 2019 and had done almost everything besides finishing the game on Easy and Hard and getting every upgrade. Since I’m tackling my backlog I decided to do those last achievements this week.

My final playtimes were the following:

• Normal difficulty – every achievement besides the “every upgrade” one – 7h26min
  • Hard difficulty – “every upgrade” achievement – 7h32min
  • Easy difficulty – speed running – 4h39min
  • Total: 19h37min

7 Likes

I’m right at the end of this and never finished it. Think I was trying to get all the collectables at the time. That was years ago tho.

Also, you are an absolute machine getting all these hard completions :laughing:

1 Like

There is a glitch for farming unlimited Red Gems. You can get every upgrade right at the beginning of the game (Act 2-1), which really helps in the Hard playthrough (it is also one less collectible to worry about during the rest of the game).

I honestly don’t remember what the rest of the achievements were because it’s been 750 days since I first played it :stuck_out_tongue: But it is not a hard game, just a really boring one because of the three playthroughs.

And YOU are the machine with all those 2021 completions!

1 Like

Finished Day of the Tentacle Remastered! Fun, stupid game.

4 Likes