Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Finally got my Series X a week or so ago and busting out Achievements left and right. True Achievements is such a fun way to check your meta-play progress against others. Cool stuff.

4 Likes

Nice one! Yeah TA is awesome :grinning:

1 Like

Sent my request to join last night :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think I might have done something wrong. I accepted your request, received a confirmation, and yet you are not in the leaderboard. Iā€™ve sent you a new invite!

Iā€™ve completed the eliminator dlc for FH4 now so feeling alot more confident that itā€™ll be a completion.

3 Likes

Completion #117: The Falconeer

• Estimated Difficulty: 3/10
  • Estimated Time: 12 hours

For the last couple of months Iā€™ve been led to believe this was a tough and buggy completion. A very high ratio on TA, some reports of achievements not unlocking and not a single guide out there to help. And after I started playing I thought that was really the case during my first hour with the game.

Everything can be really confusing at first since the game donā€™t talk about many things necessary for the achievements (and even for an easier progression through the game!), like upgrading your weapons, mutagens, or even the racecourses that unlock much better falcons to use. But after you get the hang of things, everything becomes a piece of cake.

And the game itself is really nice. I am not a fan of dogfighting games, but this one plays so nice and it is so beautiful that I couldnā€™t stop playing. There is a prologue, four chapters and an epilogue. The prologue and epilogue are really quick missions, while each of the four chapters has 10 sub-chapters that also donā€™t take much time.

You unlock an achievement after beating each chapter. You also have to discover every location in the game, but it is not hard and it is quite relaxing. The achievements are quite self explanatory, like getting every permit or every chant. You can play the whole game on Easy difficulty.

I really hope you people give this game a try!

Series X completion #33.

4 Likes

12 hours? Not bad, think Iā€™ll go for the completion on this one as well.

1 Like

The console tracker says it took me 10h41min, I rounded up a bit. It can even be done in less than 10 hours if the game clicks for you sooner than it did for me! Just remember to change the difficulty to Easy since the game starts on Normal by default.

I do not recommend going for the completion if you dislike the dogfighting genre, though.

Iā€™ll likely start at normal, maybe switch to easy if itā€™s too challenging for me (which probably wonā€™t be a problem). Dogfighting games are great though imo, Iā€™ve been meaning to give this one a try.

1 Like

Iā€™ve 1000G both Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of GTA V but the added dlc achievements have forever ruined my completions on both platforms. Feelsbadman.

1 Like

Yeah, the achievements system desperately needs a Platinum variant. Iā€™ve sunk 40 hours into Immortals to get its completion, only to see it drops to 75% two days later.

The achievements system really doesnā€™t do itself any favours when it devalues somebodys 1000G completion especially in a massive game like GTA V that can take up to 150+ hours to 100%.

Actually the Trophy System is also points-based. Each Bronze Trophy is worth 15 points, each Silver Trophy is worth 30 points, each Gold Trophy is worth 90 points and each Platinum Trophy is worth 300 points.

The points determine your trophy level. A game like Demonā€™s Souls is worth the same as a game like Freddy Spaghetti on PlayStation (both are worth 1,350 points). There is nothing much that can be done in that regards, unfortunately.

Microsoft should implement a system similar to the TrueAchievement Score to give an individual value to each achievement to encourage harder completions. And, for the love of God, implement official rankings. Imagine seeing your position in the global achievements rankings on your profile?

2 Likes

A country by country tier would be awesome too.

2 Likes

I just wanna say that I really appreciate your little write ups for your completions!

4 Likes

Agreed!

2 Likes

Thanks, guys! :slight_smile:

ā€“

I think Iā€™ll stop going only for the Series X completions. The lack of a specific leaderboard is really a let down, and Iā€™ve been wasting too much money while ignoring Game Pass and GWG games.

Iā€™ll tackle my backlog and avoid buying games unless it is a hot new release, like Resident Evil VIII.

2 Likes

I would think TA could create a leaderboard based on their filter for ā€˜Optimised X/S gamesā€™ but then again some games seem to be optimised but donā€™t have the label. Smart delivery is great for consumers but crap for achievement hunters :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have noticed my platform summary on the right side of my profile page is starting to pick up Series X games, albeit games that donā€™t share the achievement list with the Xbox One version of the game. It might not be too long before we get a leaderboard of some sort, but Iā€™m wondering if it wonā€™t be for optimized games but rather Series X games with their own list :frowning:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just applied to join on trueachievements :wave:

4 Likes