Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

:thinking: achievements. Iā€™ll probably send a request on TA tomorrow. Kinda burnt out so my score increase is slow.

1 Like

Aaand we have a new number one!

The bugged achievements on Marvelā€™s Avengers have resulted in a couple of high-ratio achievements. I have just unlocked a fairly simple one that has a current ratio of 41.56 lol

Some people have preeeetty high scores :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if I want to get the 1k on THPS1+2. That level 100 grind doesnā€™t look worth it.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to get the 1000G on Hotshot Racing. Not the easiest or shortest one, bit grindy to get the ones for all customization items unlocked and bought as, at the very minimum, you need to win a cup with each car and do a lot more drifts and boosts with each, on top of the Expert cups and such. Will try to get it done this week.

1 Like

Just completed Tell Me Why, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll replay just to max the gamerscore but I still got a nice 950 I think from my first okay though (1500 total available).

I think Iā€™m going to tackle Carrion next.

1 Like

I just finished Football Manager, so need to get onto TA. Thinking about tackling the AoE trilogy before XSX comes along.

1 Like

Completed it last night, missed 2 achievements. They require I replay the game though so that will have to wait until I feel like doing another proper playthrough. Speedrunning through just to get a couple achievements ainā€™t really my thing, plus I actually liked the game a lot so another proper playthrough in the future with some different choices will definetely happen anyways.

Is it fun? Do you get a decent chunk of cheevos playing it normally?

2 Likes

Well, I might as well jump into the leaderboard too. My job really alters how much time I get to play, but sometimes I go a bit crazy.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, is that really a grind? I thought it would come naturally after completing all the challenges in the game. Thatā€™s certainly a bummer, but this is the kind of game I see myself coming back to from time to time, so it would come naturally.

This game has been on my radar for a few days now. I need a indie game to relax a bit between Avengers and Borderlands. I am split between Hotshot Racing and Spiritfarer.

I completed the first chapter and loved the game. I played a bit of the second chapter and I felt the pace got really slower. I should really go back to it.

You mean you got every achievement on Football Manager? If so, thatā€™s an awesome completion!

Btw, are you not interested in joining our leaderboard back on TA?

You are in!

And you are not alone. Most of us are really far behind our golden years for hunting :stuck_out_tongue: But thereā€™s always that one week we go berserk and rack up those points.

1 Like

@brunopcosta1 you would think so but if you do all of the challenges it only brings you around level 80 or so. XP values are so low and even if you do amazing its still only around like 150 to 200. :sob:

1 Like

Yay! Got my 5000th achievement tonight.

ā€œHow hard could it be?ā€ in Forza Horizon 4. Fitting with a first party game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh my, thatā€™s not good. Hopefully they drop a THPS 3 DLC down the road so that the last levels could come more naturally.

Nice one! What a great accomplishment!

I actually miss going after achievements in this game. I hope they add more when the Series X update goes live.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing through New Super Luckyā€™s Tale, it is a solid improvement over the original and worth a play. Not too harsh on the achievements either. I havenā€™t even looked at the list yet and Iā€™m almost at 50%. Donā€™t think anything is missable.(the best kind of list!)

2 Likes

@Mort and @brunopcosta1

Hotshot is probably one of the best arcade racers of the generation. Unashamedly old school, but with a brilliant gameplay, with graphics that ape the 90ā€™s racers with of course a much smoother presentation, a glorious 90ā€™s soundtrack, fantastic handling, tons of tracks and cars, various modes and stuff to unlockā€¦

If you want 1000G it gets a bit grindy, because you need to win a championship with 32 different cars, you need to win one on Expert with each character, win all of them on Expert, on top of each vehicle requiring a lot of individual challenges. But aside from a cheevo that I canā€™t really understand how to even pull off, all seems feasible.

3 Likes

I have a question to you achievement hunters.

Do you care more about gamerscore or trueachievement score ?

Since Xbox one getting achievements is really easy all you have to do is spend money and waste 2-3h. I was into gamerscore as well but now I just play games I like and getting all achievements.

2 Likes

Sounds like my type of game! Thanks will be playing it later!

Yeah FM 2020! Quite surprised so few have done it, and it seems to have taken everyone else 3x longer to do than me, but Iā€™ve been playing these since the early 90ā€™s so maybe thatā€™s it lol!

Iā€™ve just requested entry to the leaderboards.

1 Like

Gamerscore definitely. TA score is an interesting analysis as a side dish. :slight_smile:

I like going for completions too-- but not to the extent that I would skip a game if I canā€™t complete it. Points is points. :smiley:

4 Likes

Itā€™s a bit of both. I like the fact that TA-score is weighted, but GS is GS and donā€™t fluctuate like TAS does.

But itā€™s more about the Hunt for me than the total, Iā€™m not going to buy hundreds of Barbie-games just to boost my GS. But I love unlocking rare achievements, and to track my progress and compare with others.

I havenā€™t played that long either on console so Iā€™ll never catch up anyways :wink:

2 Likes