Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Holy shit, the trophy lists for PS5 are out of control. Concept Destruction has 3 different lists. Outbreak and both of its sequels also have stacks. Tesla Force has a platinum on the PS4, but not on the PS5. It’s a mess to say the least.

So it’s 3 stacks because of region differences on PS4, 3 more for those regions for Vita and now 3 for PS5? Yikes. Platinums for all!

I don’t think Concept Destruction has a Vita version, but it still looks ridiculous:

Outbreak:

Yeah it looks terrible. Buying the same game multiple times, unless its all crossbuy? The only examples I can think of on Xbox are Batman Arkham Asylum, Metro 2033/Last Light/Redux and Minecraft.

2 Likes

Yeah, you have to buy multiple times. And what is worse: since the store is region locked, you have to create an european account and an asian account to even be able to buy the stacks.

There are even people who creates accounts with those european / asian stacks and rent the account for platinum hunters.

And it is an old problem. Octodad, a game from 2014, has four lists aswell. Microsoft handles it a lot better, especially now with Smart Delivery. Even CoD Cold War has a single list even though it is considered two different games!

2 Likes

That looks like Platinum-inflation all right! Looks like the grass ain’t much greener on the other side.

2 Likes

Completion #94: WRC 9: FIA World Rally Championship

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: 25-30 hours

Finally! It took me 15 hours to complete the first three seasons in career mode and reach the WRC. I thought I was close to completion, but this last season had all the 13 rallies with six stages each. Each rally took me around 40 minutes, racking up the completion time.

But overall it is a very easy completion. You can race on easy, with assists turned on and damage turned off. The game is actually pretty good and the gameplay feels great. It is not the best looking game out there – and it shouldn’t be since it isn’t even full priced. Some of the tracks are really tight and demand more control of your car. There was a stage where I hit my car and broke my headlights. At the end of the race it was night and I couldn’t see shit, so I had to restart it all lol

Even though it is an easy completion, since it is a niche game I was only the 36th to complete it according to TA (the game has been out since September). It will probably end up on Games with Gold like all the previous iterations, so hopefully the ratio goes up!

4 Likes

I decided to start We Happy Few and it seems to be a pretty easy game despite its very high ratio. I’m intrigued by the story as it got me hooked, but I have to say that there is no way it is optimized lol The cutscenes run at what seems to be 15 FPS

1 Like

Nice! That is a game high on my to-play list, I bought the season pass earlier this year. Let us know more once you get further in!

My achievement hunting is very erratic at the moment… Playing Gears Tactics as my main game now, and well it’s not generous in the achievement department thats for sure! :wink:
I play some other games on the side, most recently started Lego Indiana Jones to get something lighthearted.

1 Like

Anyone here 1000G Yakuza like a dragon yet or is close to? The achievements seem easy just time consuming. I’m only on chapter 7 so maybe I’ll change my tune later on.

1 Like

They all seem pretty easy to do (although some are quite time-consuming) besides the New Game+ achievements, don’t think I really have the time to attempt that. I’m on Chapter 12 right now.

1 Like

Has Microsoft made any announcement or commitments in recent months with regard to updating the achievements system? A platinum equivalent would really incentives more people to come back to achievement hunting and current achievement hunters to commit more to 1000G completion. I wish they’d even acknowledge the possibility.

1 Like

My end of the year objective is done: 300k gamerscore :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Recent months? I don’t think it has even been talked about for years… :frowning:

Congrats!

1 Like

No one higher up at Xbox cares about achievements. Mike Ybarra did but he’s long gone. Hope they do the Xbox Career system so we have something.

1 Like

FIFA 21 will have a different achievement list for the Series X|S version. I wonder if it will automatically unlock the achievements I unlocked on the Xbox One.

1 Like

I’m so excited for Haven and Call of the Sea. I’m kinda tired of all those 30-60 hours completion and I really need some smaller games to keep me entertained.

To take a break today I created a lobby in WRC 9 and stayed there for an hour helping people get the multiplayer achievement. The ratio will definitely go down, but it felt nice to help.

3 Likes

Gonna play both of these for a bit until Cyberpunk 2077 devours my time.

1 Like

I’m still thinking if I grab Cyberpunk now or if I wait for the next-gen version.

During this Black Friday sale I grabbed Control, Metro Exodus and The Witcher DLCs all in preparation for the next-gen patches :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m a big achievement hunter but I haven’t really 100% complete anything in a while. The last game was The Touryst but that was pretty quick just 3-4 hours. I can’t remember the last big game i 100% complete.

1 Like