Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Really enjoyed that game, but some of the platforming puzzles drove me crazy because of the perspective. The water puzzle where you have to jump on the invisible platforms to light them up was 10/10 annoying. :smile:

3 Likes

My hat off to you! I could not beat all the arcade games so I shelved the gameā€¦ Too many games to play to get stuck on something I donā€™t find fun. I did finish the story though.

1 Like

Thatā€™s amazing! Soon enough you will reach @KARMAgoesHARD :grimacing:

Tell me about it! The worst one for me was probably that one with lots of balls floating in the air that you have to activate one by one, while they also rotate by doing so. The game had so many frustrating sections that while it is a 5 hours completion, it took me three months to get all the achievements lol

The worst of them was probably that Brick Breaker-like game since the high score is actually high. The racing one wasnā€™t so bad because the track is always the same so it was possible to remember when you had to turn, and I was surprisingly good on the dynamite one since I beat the high score without even dying once!

As a I said before, it is a short game that is so frustrating that it took me three months to finish it. Just keep playing for a bit after you relieve some stress and you will complete it too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, that one was easily the worst. I almost quit after failing about 8 or 9 times, but I was too mad to let the game beat me. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I managed to beat the car game, got very close on the dynamite one and had no chance on the brick one. Might go back when Iā€™m bored haha.

1 Like

Completion #87: Concept Destruction

• Estimated Difficulty: 1/10
  • Estimated Time: 30 minutes

This is your standard bad and fast Ratalaika game. Nothing much to say except that it is a 30-minutes-max completion. The reason I went for this game is that I am going after Smart Delivery games completions to help me wait for the Series X, and for some reason this game is being optimized for the next-gen lol

This is my 6th ā€œSeries X completionā€. Iā€™m just waiting for the Watch Dogs patch to go live so that will be my 7th!

2 Likes

You guys who recently played DiRT 4, is it approachable as a casual driver?

1 Like

Nice chart! How did you get this? I tried to do it on my TA stat page but it just tells me that no games match the search criteria :frowning:

1 Like

I havenā€™t played Dirt 4 :frowning: I can say that Dirt 5 is really approachable if you want to try it out down the road!

Since those games share the same achievements list on both Xbox One and Series X|S, you have to manually switch each game to the Series X|S on the gameā€™s page.

After doing that your Stats page should start showing some Series X|S games stats!

1 Like

Ah okay makes sense. I hope TA adjusts for back compat like they did for 360 ā†’ Xbox One and separate the games that are ā€œoptimizedā€ for their gamerscore leaderboards.

1 Like

A couple of months ago it was automatic. Every game that was confirmed to support Smart Delivery would show up as a Series X|S game on the stats page ā€“ thatā€™s when I started to go after the completion of those games. But after a little while there was no support for Series X|S games stats at all, and now the only way to do so is manually. Probably they are still trying to figure out the best way to display all the information. Hopefully they will say something about it next week when the consoles launch!

it looks like they are probably pulling from the Xbox store page. Xbox One games that are compatible are listed as Series X under the platform part of the page. The Series X version is noted by the optimized badge. Hoping it is as easy as them creating a leaderboard with the ā€œOptimizedā€ tag. If you go to a game on TA and click that field under ā€œFeaturesā€ it is still tracking the list of true next gen games :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mount and Blade Warband is a pretty fun game. Long but I hopefully can get the completion. Only problem so far is the multiplayer kills achievements, the game is dead so it is technically easily boostable.

1 Like

Completion #89: Samurai Warriors 2 (along with the Extreme Legends DLC).

Nothing too bad, just a bunch of tedious stuff which is par for the course in these games. I think Iā€™ll take a break from the Warriors games and get back into some Gamepass stuff before The Series S and X arrive on Tuesday. :grin:

2 Likes

It is unbelievable how fast you are racking up those Warriors completions! Are the older games a bit faster or were you just already far ahead on those games and you are only cleaning up?

I had already completed a significant portion of these games back in the day. Samurai Warriors 2 I was already at 700+ gs. Basically I would play the game and then stop at the absurdly grindy achievements. :smile:

1 Like

I wish those games were backwards compatible! I remember playing the japanese version of Dynasty Warriors 3 back in the day on the PlayStation 2. I think my friend was the only person in the whole city with the console since my country was still rocking the original PlayStation and the Nintendo 64 at the time. His father used to live in Japan and gave him the console and a copy of the game. Good times!

Since Ubisoft delayed the Watch Dogs patch on Xbox (therefore also delaying my completion), I decided to try to complete Ori and the WIll of the Wisps before Tuesday. I did a 100% Hard run back in August, and now all I have to do is speedrun through the game without dying and without equipping any shards. Basically every type of achievement I hate in a game in a single run lol

Edit: If you havenā€™t voted yet in our Novemberā€™s Featured Game poll, please do. We are currently tied with 16 votes :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Completion #88: Watch Dogs: Legion

• Estimated Difficulty: 2/10
  • Estimated Time: 35-40 hours

Finally the patch fixing the last bugged achievement went live!

Watch Dogs: Legion is an odd one. It is a very easy game with lots of strange bugs and an unnecessarly long completion. To put things into perspective, it took me around 36 hours to get every achievement in the game ā€“ but it took me only 10-12 hours to complete the story. So I spent two thirds of my playtime doing random things to get the completion.

What is even more strange is that some achievements require us to do things that donā€™t add anything to our experience. For example, we have to deliver 20 parcels. You basically have to go from point A to point B to deliver a parcel in time (usually one minute). But we are part of a hacking organization that is trying to save London. Why in hell would we be delivering parcels? The rewards are not even good, around $80 per run!

To make things worse, while we are required to do some random and unnecessary stuff, we donā€™t even need to complete every sidequest (I only had to do maybe 7 or 8 sidequests to get the achievements, leaving more than a dozen behind). So yeah, the game encourages us to do parcels deliveries and ignores most of the sidequests.

There is also an achievement for spending $100,000 in clothes that shows how completely broken the economy in the game is. You only get around $30,000 from doing the story missions, and after doing everything else (while also hacking some safes), you might have only $70,000 in hand. So, you need to rack up $30,000 more ā€“ the same amount you earned by doing the whole story!

And, when you finally get the $100,000, you can only buy all the clothes of a single shop ā€“ and there are dozens of shops in the map! So yeah, 36 hours worth of in-game money is only enough to buy the clothes of a single shop.

Overall it took me around 10 hours to complete the story, 2 hours to do sidequests, and 24 hours to do everything else.

3 Likes

Did you guys see the trophy section on the PS5?

• Information showing the last time you played the game;
  • Information showing for how long you have played the game;
  • Platinum Trophy indicating you completed the base game, even if you donā€™t have all the trophies;
  • An option to order your list alphabetically, by completion, etc.

Is it too much, Microsoft? :frowning:

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it to Sony, this is very nice. Cā€™mon Xbox wtf

1 Like