Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

Such as?

Finally crossed over 200k. :beer:

When the 360 came out I was there day one already obsessed with achievements and in that first year I was consistently in the top 50 worldwide. But after that first year I got burned out and real life took over. Itā€™s been a struggle ever since to mix all my hobbies, jobs and everything else in with my interest in achievement hunting, but lately Iā€™ve picked up the pace thanks to this community and all of you. Iā€™m not taking this ā€œcompetitionā€ of ours seriously by any stretch, but Iā€™m definitely enjoying it. :smile:

4 Likes

From the top of my head:

• Fearful Symmetry & The Cursed Prince (90% off - $0.49)
  • Woodle Tree Adventures (85% off - $0.74)
  • Storm Boy (80% off - $1.19)
  • Rememoried (80% off - $2.99)

Rememoried can be completed in 5 minutes. Storm Boy in less than 30 minutes. Fearful Symmetry took me 1 hour.

Congratulations, man! Just in time for next-gen madness :smiley:

2 Likes

Congrats. :achievement:

2 Likes

Very nice, gratz!

Yeah same here, the competitions and community makes everything a lot more fun and interesting. Itā€™s not serious but rather a nice addition to my regular gaming. I love seeing everyones accomplishments!

2 Likes

Oh, perhaps I should stock upp for future Quests? hmm

1 Like

Pixel Gladiator got an update that makes it a 5 to 10 minute completion :thinking:

1 Like

Just finished Golf with your friends, was quite fun as I do enjoy mini golf in real life but some of the courses were a pain, had to use a video guide LOL

Might take a break and catch up on TV now before XSX in a few weeks.

1 Like

Back to a 100% completion profile, I see :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Soā€¦ is anyone getting Watch Dogs Legion next week?

Iā€™ve got it preloaded and ready to go. Iā€™m so glad there are no multiplayer achievements this time. :slight_smile: The same goes for Dirt 5 aswell. And Yakuza LaD apparently doesnā€™t have a difficulty-related or 100% completion achievement. Some solid lists for the Series X|S launch!

Sweet, bought them, thanks! Just aiming to hit 100k by Series X launch personally and congrats Shadowgasm. :+1: Donā€™t know how you did it

2 Likes

Theyā€™re adding multiplayer in December so you never know just yet. I will get it after Iā€™ve played ACV. Considering Dirt for launch as well.

1 Like

As someone who 100%ed both Watch Dogs games, I canā€™t say Iā€™m excited for Legion. Maybe itā€™s the plethora of amazing games in my backlog or the fact that Xbox Game Pass is like Christmas every single month, but Legion will have to wait. Even AC:Valhalla will have to wait for me because I havenā€™t even completed Origins/Odyssey yet! Too many games!

Yakuza is a must, though. I gotta try and tackle 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 but I keep getting sidetracked by other XGP games as well Black Desert Online (which I have almost 2k hours in, ugh) and Gears 5. Just started Doom Eternal, Tell Me Why, Pathologic 2 and Night In The Woods, all fantastic games.

I just wish there was more time to gameā€¦ :frowning:

3 Likes

Hm nah, WD Legion doesnā€™t look too good tbh. Iā€™m very picky nowadays with what I buy at release, I have a huge backlog and Xbox Game Pass is spoiling me silly. Cyberpunk 2077 is probably the only new game I buy this holidayā€¦ Would have bought AC Valhalla too, but I havenā€™t played all the others yet so might as well wait and pick it up later. DiRT 5 looks fun, but Iā€™ll wait. Yakuza LaD looks fun too, but I have only played 0 yet, so two more Yakuza games on XGP to play firstā€¦

Im sensing a pattern here :wink:

I will play Gears Tactics though, if I can squeeze it in before CP2077!

1 Like

My plan is: AC Valhalla until Cybperunk is out, Then once I complete cyberpunk, back to finish of Valhalla, then Gears Tactics, followed by Yakuza. Will wait until Watch Dogs gets a heavy price reduction and that should sort me out til January Iā€™d imagine.

1 Like

I am looking forward to all the BC-games being enhanced in one way or another though since I mostly play older games from the backlog. For me, that is the no.1 selling point of the Series X atm. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I probably wonā€™t be buying a Series X until next year, unless I win one lol Personally thereā€™s no games for me to make the jump, the jump itself is worth it because Iā€™m still on base Xbone. I can work on my backlog, making some good progress, only at 37 physical games but probably over a hundred digitally. Started Kingdom Hearts and Nier Automata. Thereā€™s some games i want to do guides on, to help out the community and with lesser known/ games that wouldnā€™t be covered.

2 Likes

I loved the first Watch Dogs. I got the Platinum back in 2014, and it was one of my first completions when I made the switch to Xbox. But I couldnā€™t even play through half of the second game. It was obviously a better game, but the tone was so different that it didnā€™t maintain my interest.

I was going to skip Legion, but Iā€™ve seen many previews saying that it is not more of the same and that it is actually a great game ā€“ which is a big compliment for an Ubisoft game. So yeah, Iā€™m wasting my time playing some random games until the new PokĆ©mon DLC drops tomorrow, and then Iā€™ll catch all those legendaries until Legion launches next week (the 28th morning for me, since I plan to switch my console region to New Zealand :P).

I came back to Halo MCC today. I started the game a couple of years ago but only played through the first mission of the first game and dropped it. My mistake was to start playing on Legendary focusing on achievements, and now Iā€™m having a blast playing on normal! I love that there is an achievement for basically anything I do in the game lol

1 Like

@brunopcosta1

Just wanna say, youā€™re doing a stellar job keeping this thread ticking along. Great work!

After getting the initial 10000 for the reward points this month, Iā€™ve definitely slowed down quite a bit.

Currently been making my way through Modern Warfare 2 Remastered. I forgot how much I really enjoyed the campaign. I still think itā€™s a weird omission to totally leave out the multiplayer experience (seeing as itā€™s my favourite) but I like the work theyā€™ve done with it. Itā€™s been a nice wee trip down memory lane.

2 Likes

Absolutely quoting the kind words towards @brunopcosta1. Doing an absolute stellar job, and it reignited my interest in achievements hard alongside the 10k challenge. I finished my 10k on Sunday but I still am going on with the achievements again! :slight_smile:

2 Likes