Achievement Hunting |OT| Every point counts

4 Likes

You are back in! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m now at 950/1000g on MK11. I just need to play 50 online fights andā€¦ check notes finish the tutorial.

2 Likes

Is MK11 easy for someone who is bad at fighting games? :thinking:

Yeah! The AI can do most of the fights for you. I joked on my last post, but one of the most difficult achievements is probably the one for completing one of the tutorials since you have to do some well-timed combos. Other than that, it is a 40-50 hour grind fest.

I would recommend Tekken 7, but I see you already completed it. Tekken 6 is also easy and it was part of GWG recently.

1 Like

Sounds easy enough, maybe not a full competition but around 900 seems fine to me. Maybe, Iā€™ll check it out soon. Yeah, Iā€™m surprised Tekken 7 was easy, I did that when it was during a free weekend.

Scratch what I said. I spent one hour trying to do one combo and the only thing I got was tendonitis.

But yeah, you should get about 700g in less than 10 hours.

2 Likes

Just applied on TA, Bruno!

1 Like

I was thinking while searching for easy completions of games. How about games where you get a decent amount of GS in a fair amount of time but not the full 1000? 7-900 GS is great for most games, are there any lists of those out there?

I mean games where you can complete the story or whatever, and do some misc stuff but the last 1-200 gs is tied to some lenghty/difficult/replay.

1 Like

Hahahaha I spent a whole hour yesterday trying to do ONE combo. I tried it again today and did it on my first attempt. Unbelievable.

Only 50 online matches now!

You are in! Thanks for joining :slight_smile:

I canā€™t remember from the top of my head big games that award you 90% of completion in a few hours, but I think Marvelā€™s Avengers and Onrush can net you 500g in less than 10 hours. FIFA also has many easy achievements worth a lot of GamerScore ā€” you can probably get around 400-500g in a couple of hours.

1 Like

Nice. We are always so focused on easy completions, I feel we are missing out on a lot of easy GS. I donā€™t care about my completion percentage and it sits at 61%.

1 Like

That always seems to happen. Sometimes our brains and muscles need a reset I guess.

1 Like

Completion #83: Mortal Kombat 11

• Estimated Difficulty: 4/10
  • Estimated Time: 40-50 hours

I honestly never thought I would ever complete a Mortal Kombat game. I really suck at fighting games, and the last memory I had with the series was the 350 hours, 9/10 difficulty Mortal Kombat 9. Nonetheless, when NetherRealm Studios announced that the game would support Smart Delivery on the Series X|S launch window I decided to take a look at the achievements list.

And it wasā€¦ very doable. Most of the fights can be done by the AI, and most of the grindy achievements requires almost no effort. I grinded the 250 towers achievements while watching Netflix. The same for the 100 Brutalities and the 50 Online Fights ā€“ which I just let my opponent win over and over again while rematching him lol

Ironically enough, the most difficult achievement is probably the one for completing every Strategy Tutorial since it requires some well-timed combos at times. But after a bit of persistence it isnā€™t that bad (17% of the tracked players unlocked this achievement according to TA!).

So yeah, another Smart Delivery game done after Forza Horizon 4 and Marvelā€™s Avengers. Those three together must have taken around 350 hours. Now I have to decide what to do next before Watch Dogs launches in two weeks!

6 Likes

Finally finished the 10000 point gamerscore to Reward Points challenge. That was fun :sweat_smile:. I managed to get nearly 8000 points in 6 days. I think I am going to play OG Xbox games and not worry about cheevos for a whileā€¦ So a day or two :laughing:.

3 Likes

Finished my 10,000! Now back to your regularly scheduled gaming.

4 Likes

Haha nice :slight_smile:

Gz. Iā€™m at 9k now and canā€™t wait to get back to normal games. This was interesting but not something I would do every day.

4 Likes

At 14k gamerscore this month :joy: Half of one of my friends total gamerscore.

Absolute madness for me, so now Iā€™ll just play through some backlog.

2 Likes

New to the community and this looks fun just applied!

5 Likes

You are in :slight_smile: Welcome to the forums!

New blood! Welcome to the best Xbox community on the interwebs.

1 Like

Borderlands was one of my favorite games of the PS3/360 era, but damn I donā€™t think I feel the same for the series anymore. Iā€™ve played around 20 hours of Borderlands 3 and it has been so far ā€œgo from point A to point B, listen to a very long conversation without having anything more to do, go to point C, listen to more conversation, defend the area, go back to point A, more conversationā€. It doesnā€™t help that I hate some of the characters aswell.