A new Microsoft Store experience is coming to Xbox Insiders! - Xbox Wire

The Xbox Store developer on the podcast with Major Nelson did at least say that the improved performance of the store should be even more pronounced on the Xbox Series X, which should be pretty awesome for sure.

Looks so fast!

Does anyone know if the Store / Dashboard on Series X will finally be rendered in 4K?

Hopefully.

I donā€™t see why not I feel like the dashboard on the 1X now is only 1080p is because they couldnā€™t change it or just couldnā€™t be bothered.

They didnā€™t change it to 4K on the X1X because they wanted that RAM freed up for developers.

2 Likes

That makes a lot of sense.

I had my fair dose of Major Nelson today - Kinda Funny x2 and then this video :smiley:

New store looks sublime and put together with a lot of thought. The comment from the video that mostly stuck with me is that this is the first Xbox store built from the ground up for a console user experience. You can see how good you can navigate with the controller. This store is not tacked to the website Windows store, itā€˜s its own thing. The second really important takeaway would be user choice, e.g. do you want videos and audio to play automatically or not. Really neat, too.

Hereā€™s hoping.
This design looks slick. Reminds me of a fan-made mockup I saw in the early days of the XB1ā€™s lifespan.

I tried it on Pc a few weeks ago with the leaked build and it was insanely instant. If they managed to match that speed on Xbone we are in for a treat.

Aug 5th canā€™t come soon enough. Hope I get in!

Yeah itā€™s 2x as fast on current consoles from what I gather.

I dunno, from the specs talk SX is going to have less memory reserved for the OS than xbone (3GB for xbone vs 2.5 GB for SX), but it could be due the ssd they were able to shove some MBs from it, like for example reserving less memory for apps.

yer really like the looks of this gives the store a more up-to-date look top work

Bout time, for real. I always hated how the current store lookedā€¦it never felt like a finished product, also looked like something they were alpha testing and just forget to do anything with it. This should make browsing a breeze.

Really like the idea of being able to see all the editions right there and not separated and splatted all over, I hope it has a good way of detailing store sales and other stuff tied to events as well.

Love the the look of it, hoping the rest of the UI follows suit a well, to make everything cohesive and coherent.

The increased speed of the new RAM (and the RAM reserved for the OS is strictly from the ā€œslowā€ pool) and the SSD will definitely combine to ease up how much RAM is reserved.

3 GB of RAM in the One at 204 GB/s vs 2.5 GB of RAM at 336 GB/s in the XSX.

Hoping I get in the first wave of testing since Iā€™m in Skip-Ahead Alpha. Looks pretty nice!

Iā€™d want to know this too

good to know, on One X its ā€œokā€, better than my PS4 but still not as snappy as I would want especially when comparing it to PC Storefronts so it getting a 2x bump and not even being on Series X is a blessing (along with the much prettier design)

It looks so much better and Iā€™m glad to see how fast it loads. The current store isnā€™t bad but itā€™s not great either.

looks really good and faster cant wait

Iā€™m on Alpha Skip Ahead and have no idea what the difference is in my build vs the current build for non insiders lol. I do know my son says my Xbox dash is different from his.

Lots of little things being tested in the Alpha & Alpha Skip Ahead rings right now. Changes to items on the guide and stuff like HDR Calibration.