A new Microsoft Store experience is coming to Xbox Insiders! - Xbox Wire

Have seen the pics and videos from @majornelson and @jezcordon (Mercury App) … I love it!

It seems the complete app is very fast and responsive. The content looks more accessible and the controls snappy … can’t wait to get my hands on this … the current store experience is a pain in the ass imo.

Seems like MS is working on all fronts … good job.

I read the patch notes but I still don’t know how much of a difference it is as I haven’t seen the regular build in a long time.

Looks phenomenal, I love how slick and super fast it is. Just look at how clean it is, and those videos load in soooo fast.

How can they improve the store so much and leave the rest of the UI behind? Surely the entire UI will be brought into the same design language.

Hope one of the info drops will be for the UI before SX launches.

1 Like

Yeah … hope this too. And I think this is just the first taste for the XSX UI Experience… if they left the main UI behind it would make no sense…

One thing I noticed, game size is missing? How much HDD/SSD space will it take?

1 Like

If its like the Gamepass PC app, itll tell you the download size when you hit download and then ask to confirm the download

2 Likes

Interesting they are using react native. Anyone know what the old store was using?

Microsoft Frontpage 2000

2 Likes

I’m curious to see what a potential new dashboard will look like. I always hated that achievements seem so detached from everything. Viewing achievements on Xbox 360 was the best.

Not sure if there will be an overarching dash update anytime soon. Probably will be relegated to the various sections of the OS, like we are seeing here with the store. I personally wouldn’t mind a Games and App fresh coat of paint.

Is the store supposed to be rolled out for people now? Still got nothing, I hope I’m on the first wave XD

This looks great and can’t wait to try it as an alpha insider. I’m just hoping they bring back more delisted OG/X360 games in the future. Heck, I’d love for some delisted XBO titles to come back like TMNT Mutants in Manhattan (even though I have a disc copy). The ability to buy BC with credit is huge imo.

No, not yet.

I bet the same framework for the rest of the dashboard itself, maybe.

The speed increase alone looks so good. Cannot wait.

Ah thanks!

A new system update is available for Alpha and Skip-Ahead Insiders.

New store hype!

I got the update for alpha skip ahead, but no store update. It’s random for who gets the store according to the patch notes.

It’s limited to a few countries aswell, unfortunately.

Check now if you’re in one of the selected countries, i updated yesterday but the new store wasn’t available until today