A leaked Elden Ring trailer is being circulated online (SPOILERS BELOW)

Im getting a strong feeling this is a “prosthetic” style ability which is separate from your weapons.

I figure Elden Ring will be a mix of Soulsborne and Sekiro a bit, seeing how there were sneak elements as well. Dodge roll seems to have become prominent again though, not sure how I feel about that over something like a deflect or a step dodge, but Sekiro combined both Step dodge and deflect in a good way, so hopefully this one doesn’t force it one way or the other too. The crucial difference being of course weapon choice being available again, and therefore character classes, abilities, meta, builds, so on. Hype!

1 Like

what does grr martin have to do with this game?

He’s basically there to create the mythos of the world the game is set in, establish some lore, so on. The writing and all that is still gonna be taken over by Fromsoft from there on.

This leak seems legit now.

But outdated ofcourse.

Great thing for elden ring fans though

1 Like

game of the year whatever year it comes out

2 Likes

That will always be the stuff of legend lol.

Me on youtube watching this like

main-qimg-0c46afc99608d685c6efc8070be9c7b5

1 Like

Have never been into From Software games and I doubt that will change with this one but at least people who are interested can now get hyped for it’s release in 2022.

1 Like

imagine a year with Elden Ring, Hellblade 2, Starfield, Forza Horizon 5, Everwild, HFW if delayed again, and God of War Ragnarok and god knows what else. LAAWD

2 Likes

Yeah, 2022 will be STACKED.

1 Like

Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, like Zelda games, are A-RPG (action RPG), so they are included in the RPG genre. Elden Ring is a A-RPG.

Back on topic. I feel like it’s been a long time since we had a good old leak like this (blurry offscreen video of a few seconds), except we know it’s real here. This is hype !

1 Like

the only disagreement is I wouldn’t call Sekiro an RPG. It’s an action adventure, that is what it got an award for at Game Awards as well.

But yeah, this reminds me of the TLOU2 leak lol, although a lot less destructive for the game. Naughty Dog went from delaying the game indefinitely to releasing it in a few months due to the leak, that’s crazy.

Oh you :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you hinting at a MS marketing deal?

Action adventure is a really large category, just like the RPG genre. You could argue that Sekiro is an action-adventure game as much as an A-RPG. It has equipment slots and you can evolve your character, so I think it fits more as an A-RPG. Also fantasy. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, I think this leak is in favor of the game. It doesn’t spoil much, just drives excitment.

Personally I don’t mind it sharing many things Dark Souls did, but respawning enemies really shouldn’t be one of them. That reminds me of FarCry 2 outposts. I think that will become very annoying real quick. But I have faith in the developer that they will know how to handle things.

5 Likes

And this is that internal trailer, not the one intended for the public?

BN really needs to just drop the one.

see now I’m hyped

absolutely incredible, look like Zelda X Dark Souls, I fall in love with from software, just wow

1 Like