A leaked Elden Ring trailer is being circulated online (SPOILERS BELOW)

That would suck, those Souls type mechanics in an RPG would be utterly frustrating

Sekiro was the farthest from Souls games tho? The only “similarity” was lock-on system.

1 Like

lmao what

Souls series itself is an RPG.

1 Like

Enemies respawned too :slight_smile:

And I wasn’t a fan of constantly having to counter or deflect, I was hoping it was much more like Tenchu. But that is another story.

I mean respawning enemies happens in Metroidvania and a lot of other types of games as well, but yeah lol let’s not get into this further, it’s a whole damn conversation on its own.

1 Like

Yeah Jason Schreier already confirmed the trailer is gonna be gameplay focused. That’s been the tradition with previous fromsoft games too. Reveal cinematic the first time, then the next trailer will be gameplay.

1 Like

If they plan to show it soon, then I am guessing their plan is to release it early next year? Otherwise why release a trailer that early? I’m not complaining though, finally we’re going to see it.

Come on MS, get the marketing for this, it’s a big one.

1 Like

No it’s not, Souls games don’t have a story or much NPC interaction. It’s more of an action title set in a fantasy universe and very very far from an actual RPG.

The mechanics that hamper saving progress and forcing you to back track and re do areas and bosses you’ve already encountered would be a horribly frustrating RPG experience.

It’s needs to just be a straight up RPG save anywhere no respawning enemies with Souls combat.

just because it doesn’t fit your definition of a “straight up RPG” doesn’t mean it’s not an RPG. It maybe a frustrating experience and have things you believe make it disqualify as an RPG experience, but that doesn’t make it not an RPG. The logic doesn’t follow.

It’s unanimously agreed to be an action RPG. It has character creation, archetypes, builds, somewhat in-depth customization, multiple endings, massive replayability. If you said Sekiro isn’t an RPG, I’d immediately agree, but not Dark Souls.

Literally go to wikipedia, steam, whatever place you want and you’ll see Dark Souls called an action RPG.

3 Likes

The quality of the leaks is comically bad. Like 2004 camcorder stuff.

1 Like

That’s how you know it’s real :laughing:.

3 Likes

@Shpeshal_Nick’s redemption arc starts now! lol

2 Likes

Remember when Halo 3 gameplay got leaked from a literal barn? haha

1 Like
1 Like

Interesting…

2 Likes
1 Like

yeah this pretty much has most of the leaked short videos in one stretch lmaoo.

As mentioned above, it’s an internal trailer from last year, which corroborates with what Jeff Grubb said on twitter. The trailer coming later this month is gonna be a more recent one.

Quality is so bad but the game still looks fire.

1 Like

1 Like