12 Minutes | Review Thread

are the puzzles bad in this game? I read some reviews said puzzles can get a bit tedious

No, I don’t think so. It’s a timeloop game after all, so repetition just comes with the territory. The game doesn’t hold your hand so that could be off-putting to some people. Personally, I found the game to be very interesting and enjoyed the gameplay loop.

7 Likes

My experience too. I think those who find it tedious might not enjoy puzzles in general…

7 Likes

Yeah, I get that some of the story beats could be hit or miss for different people, but I suspect that the reviewers that scored it lower just don’t mesh with puzzle games or narrative games that don’t have more interactive gameplay to rely on. If you don’t enjoy the puzzles or the narrative than there’s not much gameplay in this game to otherwise embrace.

4 Likes

LOVING this so far. The story is intriguing and the pacing is working super well for me. Every run I either have a new idea to try or get new info to incorporate in my thinking. The puzzles all make sense so far, unlike old school adventure puzzle games that the game is sometimes compared to.

8 Likes

Game completed. :slight_smile:

Still trying to collect thoughts on the story twists and turns. One thing is really clear though, the ppl who go overboard complaining about the story twists genuinely do not appear to grasp what the actual twist is. On the surface it seems like the twists are random and weird but they aren’t.

6 Likes

I played the game tonight for about an hour with my wife watching along the way. Both of us were engaged and having fun trying out different ways to tackle the issue with every time loop. Can’t wait to finish it : )

6 Likes

Yep indeed the story has a clear direction with bits & pieces to collect in order to understand it fully. It’s not random at all I don’t know what they were thinking playing the game but the story is mysterious at first but when you connect the dots it is super satisfying.

If people like this genre or kind of games, I fully recommend Outer Wilds. This game is a true gem. My advice, please don’t watch anything on the net about it…Just play it and go discover.

3 Likes

I can understand some of the plot twists seeming random wrt their first impression, but also replaying the loop starts giving up those hints that ya might miss the first time through. It is real interesting to me seeing ppl online be emotionally committed to hating the story all because it appears they missed the actual larger scale plot twist. Can’t wait to talk about the game’s ending with ppl once others finish it. :slight_smile:

I thought the puzzles were really well done too.

2 Likes

After having played it last night, I must say I really liked the 1st half of the game and really disliked the 2nd half of the game. This game had potential, but the potential wasn’t executed right.

I absolutely love adventure games and this just didn’t do it for me. Started off promising and just fell apart. I was convinced I would go back and cleanup the achievements, but I just uninstalled it after finishing the first playthrough.

Is this thread a spoiler free zone?

Yeah.

Lol I could have sworn I beat this game…

Then the loop reset

And now I have no idea what the fuck to do.

I got two endings.

I have so many questions.

1 Like

Dont get the one that deletes the progress if you want all the achievements :skull:

We gotta talk in the non-spoiler thread.

I gotta lot to say.

Enjoy the game everyone!

These are my thoughts crammed into a tweet!

5 Likes

I got the ‘true’ ending last night and I definitely agree with this assessment.

I want to play the game again to see the other endings : )

I just started with the game, finally!

I’m definitely digging this so far. Feels like a point and click adventure but with possibilities you wouldn’t expect.

In games like these where you can try out all kinds of things one of the first things was trying to murder the protagonist’s wife, yep I really wanted to see if the game would go that far, sure enough it does, damn.

But that’s of course not what I want in my serious playthrough. What I want to do is…

As soon as the “cop” is with his back turned to me, when I am in the closet I want to go out and use the knife on him. Only once was I able to stay inside the closet because the wife said I was at work but for some reason she doesn’t anymore and the guy always finds me.

Anyone know how I can have the wife say to the guy that I am at work so he doesn’t know I am there after all? I’d like to try this out.