Your top 5 games of the gen

It’s that time again. A retrospect if you will.

With the curtains being drawn on the curtains of our beloved xbone let’s rank out top five games from last gen and discuss how this gen compared to previous ones.

1. Prey
  2. Control
  3. Gears 5
  4. Quantum break
  5. Witcher 3
5 Likes
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Destiny 2
  • Gone Home
  • Gears 5
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Those are off the top of my head, I may need to edit after giving it some thought.

Not to be a downer, but this gen was much worse than last gen for me. Most of my favorite series from last gen either didn’t continue into this gen, or did but were disappointing. If you asked me to make a list of my all time favorite games that appeared on the 360, I could probably rattle off 20+ without even thinking about it. This gen, I would struggle to come up with a handful.

1 Like
  1. Star Wars Battlefront - As a SW fan I loved this, especially the dlc which felt like I was in the SW universe.
  2. Shadow of Mordor - Perfectly captured the Middle Earth feeling, a bit short but I replayed it several times!
  3. Assassin’s Creed Unity - Amazing recreation of Paris and back in 2014 it felt like one of the first true next gen games
  4. PvZ Garden Warfare - Tried the EA access trial and became obsessed with it, some of the most fun I had this generation
  5. Titanfall - Did not expect to like this at all but got completed hooked, amazing FPS.

As you can tell, the early gen was great for me but the past few years not so much.

Honorable mentions to Forza Horizon 4 and AC Odyssey!

GTA5

Forza Horizon 4

Gears 4 & 5

Toursty

1. Forza Horizon 4

2. Fire Emblem Three Houses

3. The Outer Worlds

4. Ori and the Will of the Wisps

5. Fallout 4

For full disclosure:

1. Rune Factory 4

2. Gears Tactics

3. Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS (much preferred to Ultimate tbh)

4. The Legend of Zelda BOTW

5. RDR2

2 Likes
  1. Destiny (lumping 1 and 2 together). I’ve played it the most. It has issues but even then it’s been huge fun and memories to last a lifetime.

2. Overwartch. Not played for a year but this was probably the technically best new game this gen. outstanding fun.

3. Rise of the Tomb Raider - loved it from start to finish.

4. Battlefront - Yeah those Star Wars feels…

5. Sunset Overdrive - Overlooked but brilliant.

I will give honourable mentions to Titanfall, Halo 5 and PUBG.

2 Likes
  • Witcher 3: My game of the generation

• Nier Automata: As someone who adore Nier Gestalt this was the best JRPG I’ve played since Tales of Vesperia

• What Remains of Edith Finch: I will never forget the bath scene. Amazing game.

• Dark Souls 3: Those bossfighs are so good. Just pick the dual blade at the beginning and you are set to go.

• Yakuza 0: Amazing mafia drama with the japanese craziness.

2 Likes

:clap:Witcher 3 :clap:Rocket League :clap:Titanfall 2 :clap:Quantum Break :clap:Fallout 4

1. Gears 5
  2. Gears 4
  3. Sunset Overdrive
  4. Quantum Break
  5. Titanfall.

For myself:

1. Halo 5 multiplayer
  2. Dark Souls 3
  3. Xcom 2
  4. Bloodbourne
  5. Sekiro
2 Likes
  1. Sunset Overdrive
  2. Forza Horizon 4
  3. Forza Horizon 2
  4. Inside
  5. Crackdown 3

But that’s just a tip of the iceberg. Overall it was a fantastic generation, here’s to the next one being at least as good.

3 Likes
  1. Halo MCC
  2. RDR2
  3. Control
  4. The Last of Us Part 2
  5. The Outer Worlds

Honorable mentions: RE2, God of War. Uncharted 4, Forza Horizon 4, State of Decay 2, Dishonored 2

1 Like

That Ive played on Xbox?

Assassins Creed Origins

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Rainbow Six Siege

Doom Eternal

A Plague Tale

1. Witcher 3
  2. Kingdom Come Deliverance
  3. Red Dead redemption 2
  4. Alien isolation
  5. Layers of Fear

So glad to see other people liked Quantum Break. Thought I was the only one!

1 Like

As I mentioned several times

1. Sea of Thieves for multiplayer and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for singleplayer

2. Prey

3. Halo 5 multiplayer

4. Forza Horizon 2

5. TITANFALL 2

And sooo many more probably could swap games in the lower ranks. Sunset Overdrive, Horizon zero Dawn, Dark Souls3, Ori 1/2, The last Guardian, Hellblade, Inside, Oxenfree… and on and on

What a great gen it was, for me at least!

Control was great but something was missing however great nonetheless. In fact Prey was the better Control for me

In no particular order:

• Witcher 3
  • Shadow of Mordor
  • MGS V
  • Battlefield 1
  • Dark Souls 3

Honourable Mentions:

• AC Origins
  • Mount & Blade Warband
  • South Park SOT
  • Quantum Break
  • Far Cry 4
  • Sherlock Holmes: C&P
  • Alien Isolation

Seven years is a long time!!

1. Hellblade
  2. Tlou 2
  3. Zelda botw
  4. God of war
  5. Cuphead
1 Like

Seeing Alien Isolation a lot… I adore the aesthetics but even with my love for Alien I couldn’t play AI I was scared and stopped:(