Your Top 5 Favorite IPs and Favorite Console of All Time

psx

Favorite Console of all time, this is the machine that turned me into a GAMER (the saturn is close) after the Psx video games took the lead in my heart over comics and Hip hop music, this is the console that put me on the path.

1.FF7

not much to say here, best game of all time and my favorite out of the franchise or at least the one’s Ive played (6,7,8,9,10,11,15 and tactics)

2.RE2

when I was a kid I used to be REALLY into to SH games, Ive lost count of the number of times I beat this game, it truly is one of the greats

3.Suikon

sui

got this game when I was in 7th grade, this started my addiction to JRPG’s as a kid, this game made me feel things (Grimio :cry:) I cared about the characters and the combat was mind blowing

4.Vandal Hearts

vh

one of those games that you rent and you don’t really know what it is but when you play it, OMG! Me and my little brother rented this as a bonus pick, had to buy after that, this was hands down one of the coolest RPG’s I had ever played at the time.

5.LOK: Soul Reaver

Legacy+of+Kain+-+Soul+Reaver+(USA)-image

I love this game SO MUCH I bought it twice! once on PSX and Once for the dreamcast I have the entire series across 4 different platforms (psx,DC,PS2,XB) to me this is the game that started the whole open adventure craze we are in now, it was so ahead of its time, I’ve beat it at least 10 times

1 Like
  • Mass Effect
  • Halo 3
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  • Fallout: New Vegas

Really hard to narrow it down to just five! Some others that may have made the list are: The Witcher 3, Hitman 2 (2018), Diddy Kong Racing, The Sims, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Super Mario Galaxy, Killer Instinct (2013), Sunset Overdrive, Gears of War… Too many to choose from.

Favourite console is tough. My nostalgic answer is the N64, but I’m not sure I could go back to it. The Xbox 360 probably has my favourite overall library. If I had to choose one console, I’ll choose the Xbox One X. Not only does it have a ton of great games from this generation, its the best way to play 360 games (and oddly enough, a bunch of N64 games).

1 Like

Choosing favourite games or IPs is always hard for me, since there are so many that I like, but I can safely say that Halo is definitely my favourite overall, and I love every single game in the FPS series. Then there’s The Elder Scrolls which meant more to me in my PC days, but I still love it. Forza has come close to Halo for me in recent years, with Horizon games being sheer delight every single time, but the Motorsport series also reaches similar heights with just a bit less consistency. This is where it gets fuzzier. Maybe Command & Conquer might fit the bill, although that love affair has obviously been on hold for quite a while. Finally, Fumito Ueda’s shared universe games still mean a lot to me. I haven’t played The Last Guardian yet, so I have no idea whether it also belongs there, but Team ICO’s PS2 games were sublime.

As for the favourite console, some context first. For a long time I was a C64 player, and then for even longer only on PC. I got my first console, a PS2, in 200…9? In any case, roughly 10 years ago. Then Xbox 360 followed a couple of years later, then Xbox, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox One X, and finally my only handheld, 3DS (well, New Nintendo 3DS XL, to be precise). Therefore, while I also played games from other systems over the years, my choice can’t really be affected by nostalgia (but it might be affected by the fact that it’s the only console that I’ve owned for the entire duration of its generation).

Xbox One not only has some of my all-time favourite games in its native library, its BC support is also phenomenal. I would’ve never, in my wildest dreams, expected the BC team to deliver us what they did. So many old games have been entirely transformed by the team’s enhancements. At the same time, with the rise of indie games and digital distribution, there’s never been more choice and accessibility. Xbox One X eliminated almost all issues that I might’ve had with the hardware (although I’ve been gaming on my OG Xbox One for the past month, and I’m still having a great time), and then there’s Game Pass which made owning the console a tremendous value as well. A better console has not existed yet, as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

Mass Effect Gears of War Final Fantasy The Elder Scrolls Mario Kart

Favorite IPs: 1. The Elder Scrolls 2. Gears of War 3. Fallout 4. Star Wars 5. Spyro

Favorite Console: Xbox 360