Yakuza: Like a Dragon releases on the PS5 four months later; save data will not be transferable between the PS4 and PS5 versions

Now we know what smart delivery is. Really awesome feature that everyone took for granted.

I can’t think about losing my saves again.

I feel sorry for Sega/RGG, resetera users were tearing them apart, and refuse to lay blame on Sony.

Yet here we are, ride 4 and maneater also doing the same thing, no save carrying over.

Maybe they need to realise that this been, a poorly thought out after thought by sony.

3 Likes

I honestly can’t imagine I’d be keeping any pre-order for a console where well under 2 months from release we don’t know:

How much disc space it will have. How you can upgrade the disc space. What BC games will be available - how many - what are the enhancements… How upgrades from the old console will work How saves will transfer across for the games I want to continue playing How loud the console is What the UI looks like What functionality the UI has…

It is just madness to ask anyone to spend a huge amount of money when fundamentals are just not disclosed. There is no single piece of tech in the world where this close to release you have no idea how it works ( or IF it works for what you want to do).

4 Likes

Simple, with Smartdelivery there’s nothing the developer needs to do, it’s the same game on the backend and everything just works like you were running the game from 2 different Xbox one consoles.

On Playstation there’s no such system so the developers need to import their saves themselves. And as expected, small teams won’t go that extra mile.

2 Likes

For SmartDelivery a dev have to do some things too → defining what belongs to what platform but you are right the rest is handled by the platform holder and automation. While in Sony’s case all has to be done by the devs themselves that results in that mixed bag of situations. It is embarrassing for Sony that even Sony 1st party games are handled differently.

3 Likes

This is especially odd considering that Sony did a great job of cross-saves between the Vita and PS4.

This isn’t a new concept for them and ironically the PS4 and Vita are far more architecturally different than the PS4 & PS5. Though I have no idea if the issue is hardware or software.

1 Like

It can’t be Sony’s fault. Sony do no wrong!

Same I didn’t pre order or intend to till they launch a ps5 pro later with full visibility on what they are doing. Really seems fishy. Too much details hidden.

Can consumers do something against them legally for things not well explained or not at all?

I don’t think consumer’s need to worry yet, we are still 2 months out, they have plenty of time to decide if they want to keep their preorder or not.

Maybe if we get to a couple weeks and we have still have no idea, that is when people should start worrying haha.

Otherwise we should be saying those who have preordered the Xbox series x, should be worried too as we haven’t seen any next gen/cross gen titles running on the device yet. (I’m not worried myself, as people have their hands on the machine already)

Edit: But it is frustrating for those with PS4 saves they want to carry with them.

I heard next gen gameplay on Xbox Series X is coming soon

I’m sure it is, with influencers & digital foundry having their hands on the console already :slight_smile:

I’m hoping during this week we may see enhanced xbox one games on the series x (gears 5, horizon 4 etc)

Is there any eta or road map and when we can expect content?

Or does no one but the influencers know?

We don’t have any roadmap but either way, I’m pretty sure MS will have a lot of new stuff to talk about, can be anytime. They probably want to keep a steady flow of good news till release going forward.

Ya know, I can never stay on Yakuza. The combat is meh and I don’t care about all the side stuff and mini games. But the combat being turn based with party members might sway me.

Didn’t MS develop some type of technology (for UWP) that scaled the game automatically dependent on your hardware specs. It was supposed to work from mobile all the way up to the highest end GPU.

you still had to tag the resources that went in what version of the application. it is the same here.

This isn’t equivalent. We know the Series X runs next gen games and we know what they look like given it’s the equivalent of a high end PC…

But the PS5 is a complete unknown. Nobody knows anything about a product some have already paid £450 for…they know about games…but the hardware, UI, features etc…nobody knows anything…it’s madness.

They can still cancel like I did, if they decide they are unhappy with what they are hearing and seeing.

People still have 2 months to make an educated decision :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see, they made it sound that as long as the game was packaged/repackaged using uwp it would be automatic.

No, you had to define assets for each type of quality for example. It was guided but still something to do by the dev. But it is really not that much effort. Think about resource packages. Assets for 4K res, Assets for 1440p res, audio for your location. Those types of resources come in their own files anyway, so it is just tagging files.

Exactly. From what it seems Smartdelivery is even based on this same system.

1 Like