Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

This is GOTY 2024 material already.

So wonderful and truly Japanese madness from SEGA in this game the game is bonkers at times & Game music score is just one of the greatest musical soundtracks produced.

Oh hey, Yakuza 6 has the clan creator stuff.

I had to really grind that thing to get all the achievements, but I donā€™t have many completions in the series so I figured Iā€™d go for broke.

Iā€™m glad that RGG likes to experiment with things and come up with so many activities in their games. But Iā€™m also glad they made it more engaging for me in Gaiden with the colosseum fights, where we fight alongside our clan in real time and can even control one of them for fights.

1 Like

My brief, spoiler-free thoughts on LAD: Infinite Wealth and my current ranking of the entire series:

Stayed up till 3am to finish Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealthā€¦ and I have so many thoughts.

To put it simply, this is one of the greatest stories in the Yakuza/LAD series. I canā€™t recommend people to start with IW if youā€™re new to the seriesā€¦ But it is absolutely worth the 9 (or 11) game build-up. I laughed for minutes at a time, I cried for longer, and I smiled almost the entire damn time.

This may become my 2024 GOTY, but its too early to say. All I know is Yakuza 0 now has competition with being my favorite. Weā€™ll see how things shake out later in the year, but this is truly an incredible experience.

5 Likes

Is some connections to the judgement spin offs? Do I have to play the second to understand it?

1 Like

So I decided to just cheese the clan creator by using the codes to send out legendary Yakuza against the Justis gang.

Line up starts with Kiryu, Saejima, Onomichio, Majima, Daigo and Shun. So far itā€™s early on, but the cheese is looks like it will hold out without needing back up for bit.

Itā€™s like playing Yakuza games. Few years apart, same crew and characters, but different story.

But only play Lost Judgment after Yakuza LAD. There is a big story spoiler.

1 Like

Thanks! But also, thatā€™s another game I need to add to the list(still need to beat 4 and Iā€™m just hoping the download issue is fixed some day).

There is one brief wink/nod to the Judgment games, but nothing that Iā€™d say would require you to play either before Infinite Wealth.

With that said, I have not finished all the side content, so its possible there are side missions/objectives that may lean more into it. Iā€™d say focus on playing 0-7/LAD and Gaiden and you should be good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s really nice how early we can get tiger drop in Yakuza 6, I unlocked in chapter 2 and while it doesnā€™t feel as strong as before it still makes fights go by very quickly.

Edit: clan creator experience so far.

Also very surprised that Yakuza 6 list fps boost as one of its features, but Kiwami 2 doesnā€™t. I wonder if Kiwami 2 is just that much harder to fps boost.

Semi ashamed to admit that I got kinda absorbed in that island mini game lol. At some point Iā€™ll go back to spruce it up, cuz right now my spot looks like a hoarderā€™s island lol.

2 Likes

indeed!

Currently on the finale for Yakuza 6, toughest enemies I have fought because I couldnā€™t get there timing down.

Hirose and Tagashira, the 2 were kicking my ass for a bit because of their attack patterns and my obsession with hitting a tiger drop in every boss fight. Also, they felt harder to stun after they go into their second phase than others.

Easiest was definitely Joongi Han, his attacks felt pretty predictable and I was able to land multiple tiger drops with little issue. He was also still able to be stunned as easily after going into phase 2.

Edit: and done for now.

Time to put a rest on the Yakuza train and hit P3R.

2 Likes

On chapter 5 for Yakuza LAD and

Iā€™m hearing Saekoā€™s story, sheā€™s crying about Nonomiya, the music is going all sad and I just can bring myself to care. I think that yeah, itā€™s wrong that the police werenā€™t investigating his death, and while he did give the girls in his Soapland somewhere they can work when pushed to the brink.

Heā€™s still an asshole who was taking advantage of those girls to make his money, no matter how much RGG seems to want to paint him in a not so bad light. Heā€™s not really worth any of the time being spent to make him so.

1 Like

Yeah, that really didnā€™t land for me either, total dissonance. Itā€™s weird and doesnā€™t seem to fit at all.

2 Likes

Iā€™m so glad this game came out when it did. With all the horrible Xbox rumours and SONY trolls having a field day. Itā€™s so nice to escape the negative press To play and enjoy this frankly nuts totally bonkers game which has put a smile on my face.

Thank you SEGA

If you told my Nintendo fanboy kid self that the only games I buy day one with DLC will be Sega games, you would probably get a black eye. Theyā€™re killing it, and I love to see it. Having a blast with Infinite Wealth and P3R is waiting in the wings.

2 Likes

Iā€™m loving the game mate. Not tried P3R yet myself but looking forward to playing it. Its nice to see SEGA doing so well of late and the game cheered me up no end.

1 Like

Holy fucking fuck. I know different strokes for different folks and all, but I donā€™t understand how the Yakuza games donā€™t review better. Just finished 6 and I really loved this game. I feel like Onomichi was the first location in the series outside of Kamurocho that I felt myself caring to get familiar with the layout and locations. Iā€™ll definitely need to go back and try and 100% the game at some point.