Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

I wanted to do all the stuff associated with Realstate and Cabaret Clubs in Yakuza 0, but Cabaret needing me to be there everytime is not for me.

Realstate after the gambling king has become a chore, the properties level up slower we need more money than every other area combined, and the friendship based property has what seems a pretty time consuming quest attached to it. At this point I’m only going to stick with Realstate to unlock the rest of beast styles upgtades.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you’re there yet but the best way to make money is to have a bunch of cash on hand and lose it all to a Mr. Shakedown. Next time you beat them they’ll have multiplied your cash by 1.5x or something. Might need to invest CP into it at the shrine. They’re very weak to zap and slime guns

1 Like

Yes, I’m currently doing so. I think it was like 10 hours ago that I got my ass kicked and figured it out but haven’t really been abusing it until Media King because it didn’t seem necessary until then.

Also, the boost that drunk brawler gets is pretty significant, as I feel like even with all the health, it can do as much damage as the slime gun did earlier on Shakedown, while now the slime gun is almost only 16 shots to take down Shakedown.

1 Like

So, Dragon of Dojima style in Yakuza 0 is kind of bad.

Edit: I think it would have been great if it wasn’t locked up behind so much content and we could level it alongside the other styles, but once you max out everything else the boost that DoD gives the other styles makes it irreverent. As Brawler hits harder and it’s almost as fast, Beast while slower hits even harder and can tank so many hits(Shibusawa fight goes burrr!), Rush isn’t as hard hitting imo but the extra speed gives it better benefits than DoD.

It also felt like the counter hits don’t work with DoD like how they don’t work with Rush? Making it so that Brawler and Beast can outperform it when getting hit.

It’s been a while since I played it, but I remember not liking it much either. I think Beast was my favourite overall, just annihilated enemies so brutally!

My main comparison for it is the DoD in LAD: Gaiden, as that version has everything I feel is missing in 0.

Beast for Kiryu and Breaker for Majima are the strongest style in-game.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if they’re having issues installing Yakuza 4 Remastered?

On Xbox ? Played it years ago and had zero issues.

Maybe hard reset and try again.

I’ll try once my updates go through.

Edit: So, yeah it’s just not working at all. I can’t download Yakuza 4R at all, while Kiwami1 and 2, 3, 5 and 6 are working as intended.

Kiwami is fun! And looking good, Dragon is still not as good as Beast imo. But I still only on Majima level C.

2 Likes

Oh man, the tiger drop in Kiwami has such a massive forgiving window. I remember trying to do it in Gaiden with so little success.

In Kiwami though, I can literally spam it to hit Majima up to 3 times in a row(generally 2) and my success rate with everyone else is much higher. I think the toughest opponent to hit with it for me is the Hawk Luchador in the arena.

There’s nothing funnier than a dramatic cut scene about a clash of wills being totally undermined by deleting half a boss’s health with successive tiger drops.

No kidding, unfortunately I have also experienced the complete opposite when fighting Hannya man without the ability to use the dragon style Kiwami heat move.

1 Like

Doing the second to last boss fight in Kiwami, and the light saber in Dragon style is very freaking good.

1 Like

I love how stupid and out of nowhere that boss is

1 Like

The bombs he kept throwing were pretty annoying though. So I’m very glad I bought like 8 lightsaber and only used 2 for both boss fights lol.

Edit: Also here’s Kiryu hugging it out with Goromi.

And with this I put an end to Yakuza Kiwami, will probably take a short break before playing 2 and onward. Try to install the reporting app and report the issue of not being able to install Yakuza 4 remastered.

Overall Beast was still the best style imo, while they took away a lot of its power straight up. I don’t know if this is Kiwami only, but I was able to charge every attack: stomps, throws, take downs and the finishers like back in 0.

Beast can also go up against all most versions of Majima with little issue(likely all styles can since Dragon can do it no problem with Tiger drop), except for breaker style, the beyblade attacks are just too good. When it came to the tiger drop timing, Officer Majima(specifically officer Majima, his other bat using personas where somehow easier) kept kicking my ass everytime we fought.

1 Like

1 Like

So apparently, we can get Blackjack amulets from random pick updms on the ground in Kiwami 2.

I don’t know if this is a ng+ thing though.

Yeah, having 2 Blackjack amulets to use really makes bank.

Also wanted to ask, do all cheat items work the same? We just use it, start the game and win?

Is level 20 the cap for Kiryu in Yakuza 5? Because I can’t level up pass it, so I can’t level up all 4 skill bars.