Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

It’s not too bad, because the first chapter is pretty short we just have to play the game for a few hours for the current one to unlock customizations.

I don’t know about the others, as Judgment was the only game I played all the way through before(looking to buy and play 2 eventually). But I liked Yagami’s look, so I don’t remember trying to change it.

It’s not a huge deal, but still a bummer in my opinion. Especially if you like to well, put your character in different clothing a lot. I did a lot in RDR2 or the other Rockstar games. When I saw how Yakuza 0 did it, I thought it was so weird.

For me that’s not really an issue, when it comes to style in video games I’m a cartoon character. I find one outfit that I like and never change.

2 Likes

I feel like I had just caught up on the Yakuza series with 6 and “only” LAD left. Now I’m three games behind again with Ishin and The Man Who Erased His Name. Well well :smiley:

2 Likes

I rolled credits on Gaiden last night and it was a great experience overall, the performance in the penultimate scene was incredible. No way in hell will Yong-Yea be able to come close to that based on the clips doing the rounds the past week, so do yourselves a favour and play it in Japanese.

5 Likes

I sobbed hard, they got me good.

Decided to remove the hat and changed the glasses before going to chapter 4. I’ve done most of the Akame network stuff, so I’m just going to mess aroundin chapter 4 to practice things I don’t normally do(mostly some mini games), and eat every food before doing everything in chapter 4 and going into 5.

Currently playing through 7 to be ready for Infinite Wealth

I’m playing Yakuza Gaiden on Normal, but the rocket shoes are OP in group battles. I just literally hold down A to mow down groups of enemies, rinse repeat until most of them are dead. Really enjoying the agent style.

After playing Yakuza Gaiden and following one of the substories about Ryuji Goda. Where I got some rumors about him when he was young, it’s kind cool to play zero and run into elementary school kid Ryuji.

They really went overboard with just how much money we can make and have to spend in Yakuza 0. I know Gaiden isn’t this egregious outside of colosium battles(even then doesn’t compare to shaking down Mr Shakedown).

The slimegun is pretty broken, since I learned how strong it is and bought like 10 extra. I’ve been using it to bully Mr Shakedown with Majima and now I have too much money and nothing to spend it on except expeditions.

I really need to push on and get the third style soon.

100% LAD: Gaiden the other day, and I loved there are no BS achievements to discourage getting 1000gs. The final chapter was simply a masterpiece, and this game was so much fun. I didn’t expect the story to hit me like this, but my eyes got watery there. I think I like this length of a Yakuza game because it cuts out the BS and gets straight to the action. I enjoyed the substories and some of them had me :rofl: The ChatGPT one might’ve been one of the funniest substories, and I thought agent stance was great.

This game is a top 5 game of the year for me

7 Likes

Pretty hilarious and describes me pretty well.

About to do what in my mind is the toughest part of Yakuza 0 for me, winning a karaoke battle. I hope I don’t have to reload too often…

Edit: yeah! First try! Very glad I decided to train a little before this happened.

1 Like

The mew shoes meow during cutscenes! That’s just awesome! :rofl:

For the Electronics King part of the Realstate Royal I decided to practice Out Run for the 60% match up.

I have to say the game controls really well, so the upcoming score battle is going to be a breeze. It’s getting Luka’s friendship that’s going to be a little tough, but I did manage to get over 2 million score with only 3 runs.

1 Like

Alright, just did my second night with the Cabaret Club. I think so far, I have a good handle on the situation, I don’t remember all the gestures yet but I’m using a guide for when I need it.

The trick to it all seems to be having each hostess have at least 2 different skills that they’re good at and making sure to always have a full crew. The first night I went with only 3 girls and made just under 2 million, I always give gifts to the girls to help them recover. This second night I opened the club with 8 girls and made 9 million, I think just need to try and save up the gold fever for when I have at least 4 of our 6 tables full and at level 3.

With Kiryu, real estate royal seems to be about buying everything and just staying in at the office until I hit 100%. Once I do, I just have to step out do the mini game challenge and win or lose 10% and just get back to the office for the final fight.

1 Like

wtf, wasn’t aware about that

https://www.thegamer.com/like-a-dragon-infinite-wealth-locking-new-game-plus-behind-deluxe-edition/

Weird. So theyre not sure if New Game Plus is going to be a DLC or not?

The description for the pack reads, “Use your Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth clear data to play New Game+ in one of three difficulty levels (Normal, Hard, and Legend). Experience the all-new story of the Big Swell and enjoy special outfits and items available only in this bundle”. It’s not clear if the DLC included in the Deluxe and Ultimate versions of the game will be released separately, but even if they are, it’s still not a great move to lock a mode that’s standard fare for most games behind a paywall.

1 Like

Yeah, they need to clarify that because such a weird decision to make. I wasn’t aware of any of this until a friend showed me

1 Like