Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

A few questions for the people who have launched this already (I still haven’t started it)

• Do you also have a Infinite Wealth special trial option in the main menu or is it because I bought its ultimate edition? Apparently you can’t try it until you beat Gaiden.

• Do you have access to the Gaiden legendary fighters DLC or is it because I had pre-ordered and installed Gaiden before cancelling the pre-order when I heard it was hitting Game Pass?

2 hours in and…the game is not slow. Far from it. And I say that as someone who skipped a lot of the dialogues in Yakuza games. Here, I was pretty much hooked from the start.

HDR is great. It’s the first game to use it I think and it really shines in every scene. It’s a looker and there’s only one mode at 60 FPS.

And wow, it’s cool to see more maps from the past games and I’m not sure Kamurocho is even in the game.

For me it’s the real Yakuza 7, even though I love Ichiban. It really is the next chapter of Kiryu story, I mean Joryu… Even the story doesn’t take that twist seriously, it’s hilarious.

3 Likes

They put in a substory that makes fun of AI :joy:! Someone tell Satya to take this off Game Pass!!

1 Like

I’ve completed the first Hell Battle fight and done every side mission until that point, and I’m loving the game so far. I hope we get some more spin-offs like this, that focus on some of the series’ other notable characters. Perhaps unlikely, but I’d even suggest some that focus on some of the more notable villains from the franchise, just to give it a different flavour.

1 Like

Enjoying this and it’s nice to see the team go back to use the Dragon engine rather than Unreal 4. The game looks all the better for it really nice to have Dayona USA 2 in there as well.

1 Like

Currently about to finish chapter 2, so I’m running around doing as much side content as I can to make some extra cash to invest with Akame. I need to also get more techniques for the fighting styles, and just did a side quest involving a streamer.

1 Like

I think that’s still up in the air, as Ishin was the test to see how a LAD game would work with Unreal. As Gaiden and 8 were in development before Ishin, they were always going to be on the Dragon engine, after that, we’ll see.

I didn’t the look of Ishin it was a step down from the other Yakuza games I felt

Gaiden is ranked #30 in USA most played.

3 Likes

I’ve also noticed achievement % is way higher with this game compared to others in series .

It only takes about 20-25 hours to 1000G unlike the 80-100 hour commitments like the “full” games.

I 1000G’d it the other day lol

1 Like

I haven’t looked at the achievements yet, but I feel like the way they handle side quests here make it much easier to not miss stuff.

1 Like

YongYea just ruined the possibility of playing Infinite Wealth in Dub. I play the Kiryu games subbed but I really enjoyed the voicework of the eglish dub for LAD

Thanks a lot you **** and the guy blocked me on twitter when I said he was awful for the role.

1 Like

Played some more today and at the beginning of the 3rd chapter decided to just do as much side content as I could. Akame network is currently at 22 and I recruited like 4-6 people for the Joryu clan group fights.

So far, I’m really enjoying the agent style, I think that’s why I’m enjoying this game so much as I couldn’t really get into any of the other games in the series except Judgment. But playing through this game is making me want to go back to zero and try again with the rest of the series.

1 Like

Telling him straight up he’s awful for the role (he is though lol) maybe isn’t the best way to go about it but he’s blocking people who are being polite about it too.

He definitely didn’t help his case by saying Chris Pratt was only chosen for Mario because he’s Chris Pratt (that is 100% why he was chosen for Mario) but THEN tweet out “I was not chosen for Kiryu for being a Youtuber, I EARNED this role!” (he was most certainly chosen for the role for being a Youtuber)

If people think the flak he’s getting is bad now, oh man, I’m just waiting to see how he delivers Gaiden’s ending scene. There’s no way he’s getting even 0.001% close to Kuroda’s performance there.

1 Like

The other day I saw a video of a guy who like you enjoyed playing these games in English, and now it got ruined because a big character is ruined with that voice. He really likes Ichiban for example, so he’s on the fence if he’s just gonna sit through some cringe Kiryu scenes while the rest is fine, or go full Japanese dubs. Dude never should have gotten this big a role.

He’s hilarious, because the dude at first said he had thick skin and was ready for people to talk negative about it. Turns out he doesn’t have much of a thick skin at all, jesus. Just a crybaby really and one of the more boring Tubers overall. I fear many people will be falling asleep during the game whenever he comes up, it’s YawnYeah after all. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Decided to give Kiryu a dad look, I also like that when I’m using the camera to find an area/store to take a photo on. If we turn on the different face effects some of the NPC stop and pose for a picture.

2 Likes

I haven’t played any games past 0 yet, but what I really disliked is how I couldn’t just go to a store ingame and buy new clothes. And apparently the new clothes you unlock via that shrine are only available after you finish the story? I really dislike that. Have they finally changed that?

Not completely, as we need to do enough to get to the castle and be introduced to the store by Akame. That’s like chapter 2 of 5.

Damn. And that goes for all the other Yakuza games? They never really changed this?