Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

I’m still with my guess that will be turn based with Ichiban and brawler with Kiryu. Maybe we’ll see some gameplay at the summer summit.

The best parts are on YouTube. The funniest part is that they put the original voices and the english translators at the same audio level and we couldn’t understand a thing. It was annoying at first, but at the end I was laughing a lot.

And the girl from Gaiden is very energic

2 Likes

Spoilers? Oh then I’m definitely not watching. My dumb ass has yet to finish 0, let alone all the others.

Yong Yea is the new english voice for Kiryu. Guess it’s time for me to switch over to playing with subs lol.

6 Likes

I was always going to play with subs, but this news will make me not even switch to the English dub to give it a quick listen.

3 Likes

I Play mainly sub, but what’s wrong about Yong Yea?

I think he’s not the problem, but the VA before him was in the first Yakuza PS2 game and they brought him back to LAD. It’s kinda iconic if you played the first PS2 game.

Playing on Japanese dub as well so I really don’t care.

1 Like

Defended Pewdie Pie’s use of the N-word and was on the wrong side of the whole gamer-gate discourse.

3 Likes

Also surfing on the negativity waves for clicks… He’s a Gamer TM.

1 Like

He’s also sometimes called YawnYeah, I guess because he’s just a bit boring? I can’t really picture his voice as Kiryu, but then, I play these games in Japanese.

I don’t even want to play them in English, lol. But it’s great for him, that is just a damn cool thing to be part of.

1 Like

Looking really good, but I’d prefer it if they didn’t have the videos of real-life “models” in the series. Anyway, it’s a day one buy for me.

1 Like

The FMV looked very Yakuza-humor fun, I liked it. I’m also curious to find out if the actress came all from adult movies like Yakuza 0 and K2.

The trailers hyped me a lot, Gaiden will be bigger than I thought and the confirmation of Hawaii is great news

The FMV kinda ramps up the creepiness level for me. I’ll still play it but would rather they had not done that

They most likely are adult workers. As Pg2g says, it’s not a deal breaker, just a bit too creepy/pervy for my tastes. The stuff in the old games was also quite easy to avoid, as they were pretty non-essential side quests, but the cabaret hostess mode is typically one of the main ways to earn money, and awesome fun to play, so will kinda have to engage in this.

Kaname Ai and Nakayama Kokoro are not JAV stars. Sayama Ai is however.

For me I don’t really care about dating elements lol, usually just do it for achievement mop up. Nothing against the FMVs or Sega doing this though. The girls audition to do this and are having a good time so I personally don’t find the creepy factor.

1 Like

One of the most tedious activities for the 100%.

Excellent RGG Direct from today covering LAD Gaiden & Infinite Wealth:

https://www.youtube.com/live/kQxJAqDqK1s?si=hawp3CFiz_1JtR7G

Covers a lot in the same manner as the Starfield Direct and was superbly done. They’ve addressed 1 of the biggest complaints about LAD 7’s turn-based combat and you can now position your characters freely.

The only other thing I hope they’ve done, is no more boring, long sewer dungeons. For a franchise that 's full of crazy, imaginative things to do, that dungeon was a drag.

5 Likes

That’s rad !

5 Likes

They put Animal Crossing into Yakuza 8 and this means I’ll only finish one game in 2024

8 Likes

Still lots to be seen, but this is already shaping up to be my game of 2024!

2 Likes

It will be between this one and the 3D Mario it will launch with Nintendo’s new console. I mean, if I play something else.