Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

Ok, I think I can talk for everyone here that no one was expecting an Yakuza game happening outside Japan.

Man, I’m so hyped for Yakuza 8!

3 Likes

Yep, I wasn’t expecting it so soon either!

It makes you wonder if the game will only have one voice track, mix of JP and English voices.

It would mean no dubbed Ichi though

1 Like

Would love to see the rest of the gang soon. LAD had a stellar party of characters.

1 Like

How they handled the sidequest from Yakuza 7 in the english version? I guess this will giv us a clue.

Ichi is speaking in English and the tourist as well, but his subs have a .

It doesn’t work for a whole entire game IMO

I’m not trying to play a whole Yakuza game in Miami (or wherever that was) so hopefully it’s a small section lol. I suppose Hawaii could fit well enough.

Can’t say just watching the trailer if it is Hawaii, Australia or another Pacific Island. Hoefully let’s find out at RGG Summit.

I am leaning Hawaii due to the massive Japanese population/influence.

It certainly isnt anywhere in Ohio or the MidWest!

And being naked on a Miami Beach (my first thought) wouldn’t get u looked at that crazy lol. Though… Maybe that’s only for top less women

1 Like

Ok, I started to think about what minigames Yakuza 8 can have in Hawaii and I can’t wait to play surfing, english lessons, hotel manager and Hawaiian dancer

2 Likes

I was there ages ago, in addition to Surfing, I’d add a gun range and hot dog eating contests!

I thought going forward, Like a Dragon games were going to be purely turn based while the Judgement series continued as a brawler?

1 Like

It is true, at least for mainline games. Though perhaps it’s better to say side games that specifically Judgement.

1 Like

Has the Summit happened?

yeah, but tbh it doesn’t worth the time, they just repeated trailers from previous events, just announced the VAs to the LAD Gaiden, some minor gameplays to show styles, and just a short cutscene for LAD 8 (very disappointing in comparison to previous). I prefer sleep than watch this summit

1 Like

Aw, that’s a shame. You’d think they would have a good first look at 8 and especially way more on The man who erased his name. If I got that title right.

Well, LAD 8 summit cutscene had a big story spoiler. Ichi propose to Saeko. She declined and is pissed at him. Ichi is talking about it with Kiryu.