Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

Very interesting! Good to know!

If you want to see an example of Sega trying to get the ā€œGTA Audienceā€ back in the day, watch thisā€¦ This is how they used to market this seriesā€¦ Itā€™s so, so bad :sweat_smile: :grimacing:

Thank god Sega just finally started marketing the series as what it really is; wacky and fun, with cool characters, and serious moments too.

Is this spoilery? Because Iā€™m not at 4 yet :slight_smile:

No. But if you donā€™t wanna watch it, they market the protagonists (including Kiryu) as ā€œbad guysā€ who love doing crimes. Itā€™s so misrepresenting lmao.

1 Like

Finally some 60fps gameplay here.

The footage so far from sites was 30fps.

3 Likes

I might have to run around and clean up some of those Yakuza achievements while I wait for the new stuff next yearā€¦ damn, I canā€™t believe within a couple years I went from never playing this series to it being one of my absolute favorites.

3 Likes

Finished Yakuza 7 last night, a year or so after first starting it. Itā€™s extremely unlikely I would have played it at all had it not been for Game Pass, due to disliking the brawler combat of previous Yakuzas so much, but the genre shift to a JRPG transformed this into something quite brilliant.

Iā€™m a sucker for super-traditional turn-based Dragon Quest combat, so this, with its bizarre twists on JRPG conventions, was delightful: the Pokedex of enemies, the ridiculous jobs/outfits, Ichiban squaring up to high-fantasy dragons, all sorts of creative nods and subversions.

Ichiban himself is a wonderful creation and it warms even my cold, dead, disillusioned heart to see him returning for 8. Hereā€™s hoping for Game Pass again at some point, but I might just have to buy the damn thing.

1 Like

The system works! Out of curiosity, how do you feel about the Mother/Earthbound series?

Itā€™s brilliant and I dearly wish Nintendo/Itoi would develop a new one.

1 Like
3 Likes

It matters not , for only the protector of orphans and the beater of misguided and power hungry men (including male tigers) to humble them is the constant.

That and recieving plates of various quality to pawn to fund more orphanages!

I canā€™t wait for that one!

Seriously I treat these as Bud Spencer films that they used as children content in my country lol. Beat up bad guys until they repent !

Bumping this thread to say I 100%ed Lost Judgment (besides the Legend playthrough) about a week ago and it was amazing. The story is still sticking with me and will definitely continue to.

Also I keep listening to the gameā€™s opening theme. Itā€™s really powerful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLaE7639pu4

4 Likes

Pre download done, now just wait a month

8 Likes

Only game Iā€™m excited about recently. Yakuza never disappoints.

3 Likes

is getting the deluxe edition for Ishin worth it?

It seems to be just cosmetic items, so probably not.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it worth, but Yakuza gives me so much fun that I always buy deluxe bundles since Like a Dragon

3 Likes
3 Likes

Just me or is the combat not too great in this? It doesnā€™t feel nearly as fun and satisfying as 0, to me.

Havenā€™t tried it yet but interesting. Just from the previews it looks like Yakuza 0 with guns and swords.