Yakuza / Like A Dragon |OT| That's Rad!

Don’t like the setting or the combat. Hopfully the final game is better.

Think I’ll wait a bit before picking this up. Got so much other games to play, and a big part of the LAD games for me, is the modern day, bustling city environment, which this lacks obviously.

It sounds like the original version of Ishin might be better in a way? That version is built on the Yakuza 0 engine, is basically another Y0 really.

Of course the major drawback there is that it’s not available in English lol.

I never played that, but could the new engine make things like combat feel very different? Assuming Ishin always felt like 0 and the other games.

Also, just me or does the demo look somewhat soft compared to 0?

Week is over and it is Carnaval holidays in Brazil from now until next Wednesday. 4 whole days to play Ishin starting now!

3 Likes

If you don’t like pre-0 Yakuza already I’m afraid you’ll hate this one.

0 is the only one I’ve played so far :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought Ishin remake was next gen only but apparently it’s on last gen too. That’s really funny because the original 2014 Ishin was also on PS4 in Japan, so the original game and it’s remake released on the same console.

the original was launched to PS3 too images

I did the Twitter stuff and follow on YouTube, do I have to post “proof” that I’m subbed on YouTube or is my word my bond? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I check the winner out with an expensive detective service :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Will the winner be announced here too or only on the podcast? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Having a blast with Ishin. These games never disappoint.

4 Likes

27 hours later and I can’t stop doing sidequests. About the main story, I think I would like more if they didn’t used the models from previous games except from Kiryu/Ryouma.

4 Likes

Yeah 30 hours in and still at chapter 5 lol! I personally like the re used models but I can understand why some people wouldn’t.

It’s also a bit odd how Kiryu can exist in that time line, but clearly I should see it all seperately. This is just a spin off starring the cast we all know and love, right? Would have been kinda cool if it was an all new cast.

Then it wouldn’t have any relationship to the series :stuck_out_tongue:

Finished yesterday night after 37 hours. Very good game, but telling historical facts with Yakuza models was a bit embarrassing .

After playing, I understood RGG’s concerns on bringing the original version to the west, there are lots of historical references I couldn’t understand. That said, the game was very fun anyways.

1 Like

And location(s) wise, good? Would you say as interesting as the other games, better, not as interesting?