XGS Publishing teasing something to do with Fable on Twitter? (UP: it's nothing lmao)

That’s not a long time ago, not when you consider it takes multiple years to make a game. They are in the current era of Xbox, and just one generation back. MCC is still receiving content now.

The ‘Optimsied for Series’ version of Gears 5 was essentially a light remaster, as was the update for Forza Horizon 4. The entire back compat philosophy of upping frame rates and resolutions – this is no different from what many Publishers have sold as full price ‘remasters’ in the past.

Saying that these don’t count as remasters because MS provided them for free is an odd position IMO. Pricing doesn’t change what it is.

My point stands – there is nothing in MS philosophy today or in recent years that paints a picture of a Publisher than doesn’t believe in remasters and remakes. The opposite appears to be true.

Hard disagree as a customer. Its a very different philosophy. I have to pay no extra money in MS case.

2 Likes

The philosophy I am referring to is of making old games better, not a pricing or business philosophy.

If someone gave me a code for a game sold as a full-price remaster, it would not magically stop being a remaster.

But nobody does that :woman_shrugging:

What do you mean? :thinking:

EDIT: Your’re being too specific. Try “If someone gives you a full price remaster for your birthday, it doesn’t stop being a remaster”.

The point is that the price does not change what the game is by definition.