XboxEra's 2024 Backlog Challenge |OT| Surely this is the year?

I voted no penalty, but mostly because the current leader of the contest posted something along the lines of “wow, i’ve bought so many games this month and beat a bunch I just can’t do the math! So I am going to absolve myself from reducing my score by just not posting for a month!”

Now excuse me while I go buy thirty games and just not post till June 1st!

3 Likes

Ok, it wasn’t thirty, but my demons did get me. I just bought the following:

• Hellblade II (yes it is on game pass, but I’ll just go ahead and support them in full)
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Switch)
  • Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD (Switch)
  • Animal Well (Switch)

I had one of those Switch Vouchers I hadn’t used. And I had some money in my wallet. I’ve been hearing a lot of positive buzz around Animal Well, so I said screw it.

Total = 14

3 Likes

Open Roads +0

Really enjoyed this. Could tell it didn’t have the budget of other games, but it was well acted and had a fun story.

2 Likes

Really loved it too, annoyingly I completed it just before I started posting in here lol

1 Like

I completed so I like to mention it but I give myself a 0 for it since I got it from game pass, doesn’t hurt or help me with my backlog pile :blush:

2 Likes

Haha, Sassy82 strikes again :wink:

3 Likes

Chuckle - The Office

3 Likes

Mafia II DE complete although not bothering with DLC. Like the 1st game I played earlier in the year enjoyed the setting and story and nice having a game that doesnt take months to play through. Really enjoyed the soundtrack as well.

Thats the trilogy complete so now the wait for the fourth but still a large backlog so no hurry lol

+1

4 Likes

Nice! I’m waiting for the right moment to play the trilogy. Got the first one installed at least so…soonish perhaps.

3 Likes

+1 Grim Fandango (PS4)

Great art style, voice acting and humour. I basically just followed a guide, though. Life’s too short / the backlog’s too long / I’m too old for these obtuse adventure game puzzles. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Another week, another update! Quite a bit of movement this week too.

Current leaderboard:

1. @ShhIAmBatman 34.5

2. @Zip 16

3. @SilentJay76 15

4. @Jorge_Alexander_Acos 14

5. @Searsy82 14

6. @Knottian 10

7. @vrinn 9

8. @ACyberRazorCut 7

9. @profjjj 4.5

10. ¤ Mort 4

11. @MasterLeePhD 2.5

5 Likes

Finished my Steam purge with 109 games deleted. That leaves “only” 114 to play!

But looking at my library now, it actually makes me want to play the games that are left. Feels good!

4 Likes

Congrats!

114 is doable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Across Xbox/PC/PS I have 373 left. Rough estimate… 7 years. :smile:

And that would be without Game Pass, PS+, Play Pass and whatever I have left for GBA and 3DS. Crazy.

3 Likes

How do you go about removing games from your steam library? It used to be in the right click menu, but I dont see it anymore. I have over 1200 steam games and there is a lot of miscellaneous debris from humble bundles I would happily get rid of.

1 Like

In the Steam client, select the game and click on “Support.”

Some bundles can only be removed in their entirety, rather than individual games. But it will show you the affected games before you confirm.

2 Likes

I’d like to join. I finished Sonic Mania for the first time the other day but I don’t mind if it’s counted or not. This is my backlog:

1. Judgment
  2. Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
  3. Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  4. Like A Dragon: Ishin
  5. Persona 3 Reload
  6. Sonic Colors Ultimate
  7. Sonic Frontiers
  8. Soul Hackers 2
  9. Yakuza 6
  10. Yakuza: Like A Dragon

I will probably buy Lost Judgment, Sonic x Shadow Generations and Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance but we’ll see. I’m playing through Yakuza 5 Remastered right now (it’s good)

4 Likes

You’re welcome to join, the more the merrier! Have a read through the top post for some rules, but it’s pretty basic. (In a nutshell you get a point for every game you complete from the backlog, and lose a point for every game you buy).

Looking forward to hearing about your completions! Your backlog looks very manageable compared to some of ours :wink:

4 Likes

My JRPG backlog is dizzying at this point, like 40-50 JRPGS I have yet to play. I will probably clear a lot of it by straight up selling a lot of those games though.

A ton of DS JRPG’s became worth a lot over the years. Like the game Contact which I bought for 10€ and is now worth around 110€.

3 Likes

Yeah, i can’t imagine only having 10 games in my backlog :slight_smile: I wish!

1 Like