XboxEra's 2024 Backlog Challenge |OT| Surely this is the year?

Another week, another update! Some good completions this week, well done everyone. :slight_smile:

1. @ShhIAmBatman 33.5

2. @Searsy82 16

3. @Jorge_Alexander_Acos 14

4. @Zip 13.5

5. @SilentJay76 10

6. @vrinn 9

7. @MasterLeePhD 8.5

8. @Knottian 7.5

9. @ACyberRazorCut 5

10. #Mort 4

11. @profjjj 3.5

4 Likes
  • +.5 Shivering Isles - Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (X360)

Will never get over how many OG and 360 games I can play on Series consoles (yet again, ring the bell for something the media would be championing if it wasn’t Xbox). Nearly 20 years later I’m still playing the same damn copy of the game I bought in 2005, and if I still had my OG saves I’d still be using those. First achievement on launch day in 2006 and the final achievement unlocked this morning at midnight, April 24, 2024. This is one of the reasons I love it here :wink:

This was my first achievement completion in a long time, love them but not a hunter these days. Still cool though :slight_smile:

Also, here’s the current playthroughs I’m working on:

• PS3 - Folklore
  • Vita - Odin Sphere and Muramasa (love Vanillaware, beat the originals on PS2 and Wii, respectively)
  • 3DS - Fire Emblem Awakening and Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
  • Xbox - Marvel v Capcom: Infinite, Unicorn Overlord, and Elder Lillies
  • Wii U - Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Switch - Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive and FF6 Pixel Remaster
8 Likes

I think I have something like 300+ BC 360 games.

3 Likes

I probably do as well… and too many that aren’t BC to count :frowning:

1 Like

I think that for the most part MS got all of my favorites in the supported ones. Off the top of my head, I cant think of any that I would like but arent…

Actually, I take that back. There are some XBLA games, like Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 that I had that arent BC.

2 Likes

OK after seeing how @Staffy seems to be much more disciplined than me at sticking to getting through his backlog, I thought I’d post mine here to try and keep me on track for getting mine down this year.

I generally end up playing the games that I really fancy (or friends are loving), with the ones that require more commitment or energy often pushed to the back, such as:

• Life is Strange: True Colours - I really liked it but I reached the LARP bit and want to do it properly so haven’t had the concentration to go back into it for over a year, I’ve even bought the DLC in that time
  • AC Valhalla I got really far but it started to drag and I hated its depiction of Wessex / the Anglo-Saxons having loved the Last Kingdom so haven’t gone back
  • Starfield I did the main faction quests but can’t be bothered to go do all the temples
  • Baldur’s Gate 3 I hit the bit where I couldn’t see where in a rock someone disappeared because apparently failing a roll of the dice makes me blind, and it tried to force me into some moral decision with little information and I found I’d already missed out on a companion so I’ve given up and not gone back
  • Forza Motorsport I’ve done the first tournament or two, but it was getting a bit too samey particularly with how few tracks it launched with and no music or “fun” side things to do (I guess I’m more a Forza Horizon guy as I’ve fully completed all of them!)
  • As Dusk Falls gave me too many decisions which apparently all lead to bad things so I decided to give it a rest for a while as I play games to chill out!
  • Many other games I’ve put down when I hit a hard / boring spot and said “I’ll come back to it” - SteelRising, Control, Quantum Break, Jedi Fallen Order, Close to the Sun (learnt most of the story, got bored), Vampyr, Jusant, Watch Dogs Legion, Fallout 4, Persona 5, Somerville, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Eastshade and Yakuza LaD - while some others I’ve stopped playing as I don’t want to do the final mission and have bad things happen or they’re a pain to do (Greedfall, Witcher 3, AC: Origins).

What I’m trying to say is I’m terrible at finishing games - and that’s without looking at Tales of Arise, Botany Manor, Far Cry 6, The Quarry, Road 96: Mile 0, the Obsidian South Park RPGs, SteamWorld Build and Ace Attorney amongst others which are all in my backlog :frowning:

On the plus side I do fully complete games I really love - Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered, Unpacking, Firewatch, Lake, Tell Me Why, Myst, Superliminal, Maquette, A Short Hike, Powerwash Simulator, House Flipper, Escape Academy, Road 96, Pentiment, The Outer Worlds, Elder Scrolls games, Moving Out 1 and 2, MW5, Last Stop, The Invincible, Deliver Us the Moon and Deliver Us Mars, Immortals Fenyx Rising, AC Odyssey, Open Roads, Hogwarts Legacy, HiFi Rush, all the Forza Horizons, Halo Infinite, The Gunk, The Forgotten City, Dear Esther, ME: Andromeda, Call of the Sea, What Remains of Edith Finch, Spider Man, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture and Anthem are the main ones I can think of this and last generation…

(Mentioning these in case anyone spots a pattern and has recommendations - always room on the backlog! :stuck_out_tongue:)

I’m currently playing through Immortals of Aveum, House Flipper 2, A Little to the Left and, Banishers GoNE, with my eye on Robocop, Kona, Harold Halibut and AC Mirage (I don’t learn)

2 Likes
  • +/-1 - Persona 3 Reload bought the Aigis Edition while I beat in GP. Finally came in today.

4 Likes

Nice! What kind of goodies is in that?

I’ve put up over 200k gamerscore this month alone, and it’s been such a mix of completing old games and buying new ones that I legitimately can’t untangle where my score should righteously be - thus the extended hiatus on posting in here. I’m keeping up my self-imposed exile until May 1st, where I will then be returning to accurate scorekeeping.

Shout out to you guys though, for keeping me motivated!

3 Likes

Holy sh*t. That’s quite insane haha.

1 Like

It’s been quite a ride. As of this writing, we’re at 218,450 in April. I’m hoping to get to 250,000 before the end of April, but I don’t see it happening with how low my motivation is right now.

I have a buddy I’m chasing who’s always been ahead of me, and once this TrueAchievements challenge kicked off I recognized that it was a convenient vehicle to close the gap somewhat - I didn’t expect to close the gap from over 600k to under 300k in the last six weeks or so. Now it’s a question of do I want to close it all the way, or actually enjoy the games I play again.

1 Like

Fallout: New Vegas - Gun Runners Arsenal DLC + 0.5

11 years in the making.

1 Like

+1 Darksiders II

Decided to quit this one after about 12 hours. Much like the first game it’s mostly OK. But the puzzle sections are tedious and often feel like they’re just designed to stretch the game. Doesn’t help that that waypoint-crow keeps sending me in the wrong direction. Life’s too short, you stupid bird!

2 Likes

Weekly update!

Current leaderboard:

1. @ShhIAmBatman 33.5

2. @Searsy82 16

3. @Jorge_Alexander_Acos 14

4. @Zip 13.5

5. @SilentJay76 11

6. @MasterLeePhD 9

7. @vrinn 9

8. @Knottian 8

9. @ACyberRazorCut 5

10. #Mort 4

11. @profjjj 3.5

1 Like

+1 Beasts of Maravilla Island

Nice little palate cleanser from the GwG days.

2 Likes

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Series (no not Skywalker Saga :slight_smile:) + 1

Had been working on this one on & off for a couple months after starting it who even knows when; I thought I had the PC version of this but I think I only had “The Original Trilogy” now that I think back. I’ve been thinking about what makes a game great - and while this is probably one I’d count as a classic, and it’s still very good in a lot of ways (and maybe great at the time it released) playing it now, there are some things that just irritate me. You literally have to play all of the 36 main levels through a minimum of 4 times in order to get 100% of the game: 1 in story mode, 1 in free play, 1 in challenge mode, and then each episode with the chapters back-to-back in super story mode. Failing one of the challenge mode levels because you literally picked up the last minikit as you hit the timer just gets a bit old as well. That said - the story and the way TT cut it into chapters is great, the cut scene humor is top notch & really set the bar for the games to follow, the puzzles usually make sense, and this is one of the few games where you can still play 2 people together. Glad I can still play it something like 17 years after it released. This is one where - despite the things that annoy me, I’ll probably pull it out & play with family from time to time.

3 Likes

Ah, very nice completion!

2 Likes

Fallout 4 DLC

• Wasteland Workshop 0.5
  • Nuka-world 0.5
  • Contraptions Workshop 0.5
1 Like

Excellent!

How did you like Nuka World? I still need to finish that and some of the smaller ones. Having some achievements left is always nice for a replay.

Nuka-world is actually pretty meaty on the content department. I only had a couple of achievements left and it really was ridiculous :joy:

Eyes on the prize - Redeem 100,000 Nuka tickets. I spent about 2 hours at a firing range blasting targets with a water pistol.

3 Likes