XboxEra's 2024 Backlog Challenge |OT| Surely this is the year?

+1 Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord (Steam)

Almost forgot that I had this one in my backlog as well, since it’s included in the Director’s Cut on consoles, but listed as a separate title on Steam.

1 Like

I’m going to give myself a completion for Balatro.

+1

I haven’t unlocked 100% of the cards/decks yet, but I have sunk scores of hours into the game and gotten more than I ever expected out of it. I’m sure I will continue to play this game off and on for years, but I am done actively playing it (every free moment) for now.

Back to FF7 and Infinite Wealth.

1 Like

Question on how pre-orders are handled. I pre-ordered both Tales of Kenzara Zau and Baldurs Gate 3 deluxe edition last year, before the challenge started, but do I take negatives for them because of they’re coming out soon?

Pre-orders are counted when they are placed. So in this case no negatives for you!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the info! Definitely looking forward to Tales of Kenzara after that podcast.

Update time!

Current leaderboard:

1. @ShhIAmBatman 33.5

2. @Jorge_Alexander_Acos 14

3. @Searsy82 13.5

4. @Zip 10.5

5. @Knottian 9

6. @SilentJay76 9

7. @vrinn 9

8. @MasterLeePhD 8.5

9. @ACyberRazorCut 5

10. #Mort 4

11. @profjjj 3.5

3 Likes

I’m still going but got distracted by BF2042 and a bit forza as well as catching summer cold twice in 3 weeks so didnt bother much. Target is 10 off the backlog so still on course. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, distractions are everywhere! Good to hear from you though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haven’t gotten as much progress as I’d like lately, partly due to Forza Horizon and Halo, and partly from real life stuff. But did complete two game pass titles, Bluey and Venba (I had finished the story but missed some achievements so went back through it).

Really enjoyed Venba enough to go through again a couple times (messed up the order of something and didn’t get the all perfect recipes achievement until the last time), just wish it had an option to autoplay dialog where you aren’t choosing options. Some great looking food in that game and a touching story. Seemed like a good effort from an indie trying something different. +0

Bluey was fine, played it mostly for reward points, but once I got all the hats it was annoying that they hadn’t done something to stop the “unlock a hat” mechanism from continuing to pop every couple times I found something. Also I think Sik had commented about the “Wow! You got a sticker, sport! That’s awesome!” line that repeats maybe 40+ times in the game. Some variations in audio files would have been great. +0

1 Like

Damn, Batman is flying away with this challenge.

1 Like

I enjoyed Venba too! These little stories are always interesting,. Especially when there’s a, for me, less familiar cultural element to it. And yeah, some of the food had me looking up recipes irl hehe.

1 Like

I’m really tempted to try a recipe for biriyani. That way I can control the spice a bit more too :slightly_smiling_face: I like it well enough usually but it can get pretty hot.

1 Like

Going to be honest, I forgot I had this game (last played 4 years ago) and that I hadn’t finished all the achievements, but completed another game today! I’m doing the Trueachievements golf tournament thingy and my missing achievement had the number of points I needed to get a hole.

Woodle Tree Adventure +1

Honestly while some annoying design things that could be easily fixed and could use a better ui and camera (though you can zoom it in and out), not a bad game for kids. Much less annoying than Peppa the Pig was, and even at full price it’s cheap. Dying isn’t that bad and the enemies are not difficult, it’s mostly platforming and could use some tightening up of controls and spacing.

1 Like

+1 Alan Wake 2 (plus 100% achievements)

2 Likes

Nice! How did you like it? It’s one of the 2023 games I didn’t have time for and chose to leave for another day (sale).

Its absolutely fantastic.

I liked the first game, well half of it. The setting, story and such was great. Gameplay got annoying after the first 30 minutes or so, and the camera was sheit. What I’ve seen from 2 looks awesome.

I have other Remedy games in the backlog to get to first though… haha.

It is so far beyond first Alan Wake at every level its almost not even worth comparing them (and I generally enjoyed the first one).

I would play Control first (one of my favorite games of the last decade) first anyway…because…reasons. (I have 100%'d Control twice, and would do it again)

1 Like

Update time! Not a whole lot of movement this week, but I’m sure we aren’t neglecting the backlog for other shiny things are we? Right? :wink:

Current leaderboard:

1. @ShhIAmBatman 33.5

2. @Searsy82 14.5

3. @Jorge_Alexander_Acos 14

4. @Zip 11.5

5. @Knottian 9

6. @SilentJay76 9

7. @vrinn 9

8. @MasterLeePhD 8.5

9. @ACyberRazorCut 5

10. #Mort 4

11. @profjjj 3.5

3 Likes

Trying to find a balance between the backlog and various subscriptions. :slightly_smiling_face:

+1 The Order 1886 (PS4)

Decent game overall. But the flow is constantly interrupted by cutscenes. Like… every 30 seconds, which got a bit annoying.

Another very “PlayStationy” game with the usual climbing and QTEs, too.

4 Likes