XboxEra's 2024 Backlog Challenge |OT| Surely this is the year?

Horrible Escape Room simulator? Check

Strange flying narrative simulator? Check

Horrible “puzzle” game? Check!

1. +1 Curious Cases

2. +1 Murder Diaries

3. +1 Escape String

Net Score: 13.5

2 Likes

Completed Far Cry 3: + 1

Good story but definitely can see the improvements they made before 4. Sound design stuff mildly irritated me in 3 as it seemed to just cut straight to sounds at full volume and not fade them in, would sound like vehicles or animals were right next to you as soon as they were anywhere near.

2 Likes

Just some random thoughts on 2 games I’m tackling.

Disco elysium. End of day 1. No idea whats going or if I’m enjoying it. Not sure its not explained all the stuff well or I’ve just missed it. Maybe need to find some video to help better follow all the stuff that goes with the dialogue. At times enjoy the writing but at others just seems a chore going through it all.

Tales of Arise. 12 hours in and getting a squad together. Enjoying this much more. Must admit the first stages in the canyons are a bit drab so hopefully gets a bit more interesting.

Certainly enjoying Tales more.

2 Likes

Time for another update. More progress being made, many backlogs out there getting a beating! Good work everyone.

Current leaderboard:

1. @Searsy82 14.5

2. @ShhIAmBatman 13.5

3. @Jorge_Alexander_Acos 10

4. @vrinn 9

5. @MasterLeePhD 8.5

6. @Zip 8.5

7. @Knottian 7

8. @ACyberRazorCut 5

9. @SilentJay76 4

10. @profjjj 3.5

11. #Mort 0

4 Likes

Decided to retire Disco as too much on list and no point if not enjoying it. Maybe 1 day go back to it. Shame as really looked forward to it but just not grabbed me.

+0

2 Likes

Damn you, Prime Gaming!

-1 for Gravitar Recharged.

I think I’ve claimed just about all the Recharged titles now. When I get a Windows handheld (eventually,) I’ll have to do a “Recharged Month.”

1 Like

We had decided that claiming free games does not count against you. They just dont count for you either.

I think it was decided that it’s up to the individual. Either they count for both, or they don’t count for either.

Personally, I only claim certain games which I want to play, so I definitely consider them part of my backlog.

Others claim everything they come across and don’t count it. I don’t think there’s any advantage or disadvantage either way, regarding the scoreboard…

3 Likes

The important thing is the consistency yes.

4 Likes

Wrapped up my missing achievements / unlocks in two of the paid dlc for Vampire Survivors. Hadn’t played this one in a while but still love it. Ability to play on my phone with touch controls is great. Tides of the Foscari +. 5

and Legacy of the Moonspell. +.5

Haven’t tried the among us dlc yet but I did get that back in Dec. That one apparently doesn’t have achievements but I think there are characters and weapons to unlock and probably a map.

2 Likes

+1 Heavy Weapon (360)

+1 Viva Piñata Party Animals (360)

Total: +5

1 Like

Have a bunch of completions lined up for this week. This is but the wee tip (I hope, anyway).

+1 Archaica: The Path of Light

+1 The Count Lucanor

+1 We Should Talk

+1 WWE 2K23

Powerwash Simulator: Warhammer DLC: -0.5

→ Edit

Goldeneye +1

Debtor: Enhanced Edition +1

Bloodshore +1

Frightence +1

Dyna Bomb 2 +1

Net: 22.0

4 Likes

STOP THE COUNT!! I think we already have the winner haha

1 Like

As soon as I’m eliminated from the TrueAchievements LeapFrog challenge, that completion velocity is going to slow WAY WAY down. Until then though, I’m just sifting through backlogged shovelware and barely getting to the games I really want to play.

I’ve thought of dropping out several times in the past few days, but I know the day after I drop out I’ll be furious that I quit. Something something toxic masculinity something something over-competitive.

1 Like

Monday, time for another update. Batman running away in the lead! Can anyone catch up?

Current leaderboard:

1. @ShhIAmBatman 22

2. @Searsy82 14.5

3. @Jorge_Alexander_Acos 10

4. @Zip 9.5

5. @vrinn 9

6. @MasterLeePhD 8.5

7. @Knottian 7

8. @ACyberRazorCut 5

9. @SilentJay76 5

10. @profjjj 3.5

11. #Mort 0

4 Likes

Dude, how are you still at zero almost three months in?

I’m playing Baldur’s Gate 3 :wink:

3 Likes

Oh damn. That would definitely do it. lol

And so the never ending completion chain continues! @Mort somehow I’m actually beginning to miss BG3, and I’m starting to fantasize about another playthrough. So Maybe I’ll join you soon in the “zero movement on the board” front.

Just like last week, I’ll keep editing one post instead of spamming many messages. Starting with:

+1 Full Quiet (Shovelware)

+1 Pocket Witch (Platforming Shovelware)

+1 Go Go PogoGirl! (Shorter Platforming Shovelware)

+1 Geometric Sniper (Surprisingly a good time, would recommend)

+1 Life of Fly 2 (Flying Shovelware?)

+1 Machinarium (Really artistic and Burton-esque point and click. Recommend)

+1 Guazu: The Rescue (Very not good Shovelware)

+1 Beasts of Maravilla Island (cuter than I expected, very very short).

+1 Brawl Chess: Gambit (Minus the grindy silly achievements, decent chess game)

+1 Endless Fables: Dark Moor (Artifex Mundi game that was surprisingly decent)

+1 Black Mirror (interesting concept, horrible buggy remake. Just, ugh).

A fat -13 for a batch of games I bought on sale.

Ahhh I bought 4 more games on sales + Dragon’s Dogma 2. -5

Net: 15

4 Likes

No probably not. And at this point I’m not even gonna try.

1 Like