XboxEra's 2024 Backlog Challenge |OT| Surely this is the year?

Haha, yeah it’s supposed to be for fun after all. (and to defeat the damned backlogs!)

Yeah, I don’t really know how one would count those Prime/epic games. I don’t claim any. I’d leave that up to the individual I suppose.

The point is everyone following the same rules, to make it fair and enjoyable I think.

1 Like

Now that I am thinking about it, I have never played a single PS+ or Games with Gold title either. I just always claim/claimed them because they were there.

I kind of put them in the same category as receiving a gift.

2 Likes

Maybe treat em like GamePass/PS+ games, no points negative or positive unless you had them purchased before? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think if you want to put some guardrails on it, that will make the most sense. They just dont count for or against you.

2 Likes

Yeah, that might be the best. I don’t game on PC much so not too familiar with them. We should just ignore them.

1 Like

I’m good with whatever. I’m definitely doing this to challenge myself to finish some stuff and to try to resist purchasing stuff for a bit. I’m close to finishing a Game Pass title and intend to give myself a plus zero for that one (I’m still glad to complete it but I know it doesn’t count). Could see doing similar for the prime ones.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Prime/Epic free games doesn’t count in any way.

Any other opinions on where @SilentJay76 is to start in the competition? Jumping in from scratch or count what they’ve completed/bought allready this year?

He can count anything he owns (bought) and has completed as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

Fine with silentjay76 jumping in and trying to say what they did so far. It’s just for fun so that works for me.

3 Likes

That’s where I’m at too, just don’t want to make decisions without checking with ya’ll :wink:

2 Likes

I already went through all my storefronts to check purchases. So I could do both purchases and completions going back to Jan. 1. :+1:

4 Likes

Happy to go with whatever is decided. Personally, I only add games that I’m actually interested in. So I generally consider them part of my backlog. At least on my active platforms.

I did add a bunch of games to the Amazon games app, which I’ve never used and probably never will (unless they add achievements one day,) so I wouldn’t count those. But the Epic/GOG/GwG games I claimed need to be played one day.

1 Like

You’re the only one who knows what is your backlog after all. Basically, this comes down to the -/+ to keep the scoring for the year fair.

The aim of this “competition” is to defeat the damn backlogs, to complete more games from it than we add to it so to speak. As long as you keep track of it, it’ll work out fine!

Welcome to backlog challenge! @SilentJay76

3 Likes

Well, here we go…

Games added:

• Headbangers (PS4)
  • Evil West (PS4) / free
  • Far Cry New Dawn (Xbox)
  • Rage 2 (Steam)
  • Missile Command Recharged (Epic) / free
  • Yars Recharged (Epic) / free
  • Breakout Recharged (Epic) / free
  • Atari Mania (Epic) / free

Games finished:

• One Finger Death Punch (Steam)
  • Limbo (Xbox)
  • Project Cars (Xbox) / GwG
  • SW Episode 1 Racer (Xbox) / GwG
  • Headbangers (PS4)
  • Left 4 Dead (Xbox)
  • Hotline Miami (Steam) - too hard/frustrating - quit
  • Rocket Knight (Xbox) - too hard/frustrating - quit
  • Dirt 3 (Xbox)
  • Portal: Still Alive (Xbox)
  • Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Personally I’d count all of these. Not sure how you guys feel about quitting early, as mentioned before. I understand if they don’t count for the scoreboard.

2 Likes

Looks good. The ones you quit were in your backlog, now they aint. I say we do a straight count here and get you on the board:

Games added: -8

Games completed: 11

Total: 3 points.

Sounds good?

2 Likes

Wreckfest + 0 Really enjoyed this one from Game Pass, I’d played a bit of it when it was added but decided to finish it for some daily reward achievements and did all but the multiplayer one. Pretty fun wrecking the other drivers and trying to survive. I hope this did well enough to get a sequel.

And I get my first - 1 of the year because I just found a copy of Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 on ebay at a reasonable price and decided I needed it. I also need to finish the first one of course since I’m only about half done with it, but…

Am working on a couple of others so we’ll see how long those take. Probably will be a bit.

1 Like

Sounds good.

I’m just hoping to finish in the plus. Got a few shorter games still lined up. But Game Pass, PS+ Premium and Google Play Pass aren’t exactly helping. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the competition SilentJay! We’re glad to have you, good luck slaying the backlog!

If Gamepass games result in a net +0 and not a -1, then I need a retroactive +1 for High on Life as I deducted a point for that. It’s the only Gamepass game I’ve started this year.

Net: +8 (to correct the -1 from two weeks ago).

2 Likes