XboxERA's 2022 Backlog Challenge |OT| New Challenger Approaching!

Absolutely!

I keep telling myself I don’t need to buy more games, but then some stupid sale happens or a port I’ve been waiting for finally happens (Yakuza, Judgment, etc.). Thankfully, I’ve gotten to the point where I won’t buy games full price unless I’ll be beating it within a week or two.

Hey! Don’t talk about my PSP that way!

Holy crap!!! There are no words.

It’s not that I don’t understand. It’s just that after a while, I would think that people would just say screw it and move on. But good luck Prog!!!

• 549 on PC.
  • 3 on Switch.
  • 12 on PS4.
  • 623 on Xbox.

I played EVE Online almost exclusively for a decade or so, but never stopped buying games. That’s a lot of sales and Humble Bundles :wink:

I mean, at some point I will have played all the games I really want to play from my backlog and I might just move on. But I keep refilling it lol. That’s why a challenge like this is great, keeps me from growing it too much and actually lower it.

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

Ok, this makes me feel better. I was afraid I would have an unfair advantage against everyone.

I don’t have an exact count for my backlog, but is easily 500+, spread across Xbox, PC, Switch, PS4/5, and Vita.

I probably have 60-70 games on Xbox that I really want to play, so those will get priority - but I may mix in a few from other platforms just for variety.

2 Likes

Yeah, I took inventory the other day in preparation for this :wink: There is a lot of shovelware in there too, so it’s not as bad as it seems haha. I also prioritize my Xbox games!

2 Likes

@ProgStopper

If not too late, I would like to join

2 Likes

Okay sure.

1 Like

Thanks - my backlog is massive and grows every year so maybe this will help motivate me to complete more than buy.

one question - I had already pre-ordered Elden Ring and Pokemon Legends Arceus a couple of months ago - do they count now or part of my “grandfathered” backlog?

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Finished Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy last night!

Up next is Demon Slayer. :slight_smile:

+1

1 Like

You got the first kill! Gratz.

1 Like

And it’s @NierlyCrazy on the board!

@ProgStopper

@PhantomFox

@peter42O

@Mort

@BadMoodJones

@profjjj

@NierlyCrazy +1

@outrigued

@watgreatgaming

3 Likes

The challenge for me won’t start until Dying Light 2 in February.

Just finished Assassin’s Creed 2

+1

2 Likes

Ah, a classic I still have yet to complete.

Nice work!

1 Like

Thought it was a little too long, but otherwise great - though it did use a horrible cliche for the very last boss fight. Ha.

1 Like

Oh that is a great one. Doing the whole Ezio-trilogy? I kind of count that as one game, and my favourite AC.

1 Like

I remember going on a 4 year hiatus from it because of the stupid dungeon cameras. After I came back and beat it I was still annoyed and just dropped it afterward.:joy:

Yes. I hope to complete the trilogy this year. Going to take a break from it for a while though. Need to complete some shorter games first. Twin Mirror is next.

2 Likes