XboxERA's 2021 Backlog Challenge. Are you Game Enough?

I agree with this. 1 point for the base game and half point for each DLC excluding cosmetic crap and whatnot.

However, what if it’s like Avengers? Base game is paid for but all the DLC have been free???

I would say then it doesn’t count either way, you dont lose points and you don’t earn them. Like Game Pass games.

Okay. I should easily win next year then. Hehe.

I kinda need to stop playing Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite to actually make some more progress but… nah. It’s too much fun. Dammit!

1 Like

I think I have a working plan to have at least a few more points before Campaign launch.

I think

It’s holding on by a thread.

I thought you didn’t even have a back log lol

Don’t worry, he’d only have at most 12 games played anyways. Right?

1 Like

Haha. I didn’t until I bought Biomutant and Lost Judgment last Monday so now, im at a 2 game backlog. 3 if you want to count Cyberpunk 2077 but I don’t because im waiting for the current generation upgrade.

What can I say? I play the games that I actually want to play. 2021 will end up being 25 including last gen and replayed games but only 10 of them were new 2021 games including the two mentioned above.

1 Like

For new players (potentially) entering the challenge, how is the initial backlog counted? Is it just any game you have purchased but not played yet. If that’s the case, I would be starting with -100 or so. Ha.

Nothing like that.

Everybody starts a zero.

+1 if you beat something, -1 if you buy something, DLC will count as +/- .5 depending on certain factors.

Honor system mostly.

2 Likes

Everyone starts at 0. We’re counting net change in backlogs here, else nobody would have a positive number. Prog’s already explained the specifics above.

2 Likes

DLC going forward is our biggest change by far.

We’ll have to see how that goes because not all DLC is created equal.

I think we’d have to reach a public consensus on each DLC individually.

1 Like

Oh man, DLC council.

1 Like

Yeah, common sense shall prevail in that too. Most games are easy to tell which DLC are point-worthy. No packs or shit like that, it’s the stuff that would have been sold as expansions back in the day that counts. Like The Hidden Ones and The Curse of the Pharaohs for Assassin’s Creed Origins for example. They also have to be paid, not title updates.

1 Like

3 Likes

10th or the 12th?

We gotta wrap this up soon/

Whichever works for me!

1 Like