XboxEra’s 2023 Backlog Challenge |OT| Third Time's the Charm... Right?

I saw some of this game on Jesse’s stream a while back and it looked interesting, but not full price interesting. Think I’ll keep an eye out in sales for that legendary edition though for sure.

Same here… long games and Game Pass does their best to keep me occupied.

2 Likes

Yeah specially if there are games about to leave the service! Has I’ve said I have been playing Ninokuni, FUGA: melodies of steel and Danganronpa 3 because they can be leaving the service in a couple of months and they are games you cant complete in just 15 days.

I see @Searsy82 as also been powering up recently!

1 Like

Slow and Steady like the mighty tortoise!

3 Likes

Wait they already have dlc out?! How did i miss this???

1 Like

+1 Resident Evil 4 (Remake)

1 Like

……aaaaand….

-1 Dredge

1 Like

Haha, well it does look awesome. I’m mighty tempted myself.

2 Likes

So uhmmmmmmm I might be stupidest human in the entire Multiverse and I will let people in here judge this situation.

I was sitting (comfily I tell you) in my chair watching videos on YouTube when suddenly…BOOMM! I received a notification of my banlk’s app that told me someone had bought something.

I rushed to open the app obviously (which took its nice 5 minutes because is a piece of sh1t) and saw that my subscription of humble bundle had been renuewed…my reaction to that was a big “WTF!!!” because I explicitly remember cancel the subscription on September last year and I basically paused it every month since 2021 until there was a bundle that I liked.

But don’t be mistake that wasn’t the shocking part. Oh no, no no no no the true horror came when I realized that every bundle of 2022 was on mi “purchases” list!! I tried to see if there was a way to ask for a refund for this month’s bundle bit it was really bothersome and it contained Biomutant and Jurassik Park Evolution 2 so I said “meh” tow games I had on my Wishlist anyway.

When looking at past transactions on my bank I didnt see any other mention to Humble Bundle and, well, my money was there (e.e) My mortal curiosity got the best of me and clicked on the December’s 2022 bundle to see if I could redeem those codes or if the have already expire so I grabbed Wasteland 3 and…IT WORKED!! Went to March’s 2022 bundle and grabbed police stories and BOOOM!! It also worked!

So I ask you people xbox era, after hearing such a sad and really tragic story…will you condemned this poor sool and his newly found Backlog? Or should I completely give up on the challenge after this dicovery :v

1 Like

How many games was it total ?

Just make sure you take a -1 for all of them on the backlog challenge… :smile:

2 Likes

If it is more than your positive total (which I am assuming it is) I would find resetting to zero a reasonable middle ground.

I don’t think dropping out or going negative is necessary.

I mean I have had a good run recently, but my total will drop like a rock soon. There are too many good games coming and I can’t help myself.

Haha, yikes.

I’m not sure how many games are we talking?

1 Like

As an addendum. I would also say none of those game can count toward your total (this year)

Technically … most of those games were “purchased” last year or the year before (the month of their actual bundle) and you’d only have games from the 2023 January, February, and March bundles that would count as a “-1” per game for this 2023 Challenge.

But its entirely up to the participants how they would like to handle this happenstance.

1 Like

BEHOLD!!!

1. Fobia- ST.Dinfna Hotel
  2. Shady Part of Me
  3. ThroneBreaker: The witcher Tales
  4. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
  5. The serpent Rogue
  6. Conan Chop Chop
  7. Encased
  8. Blade Assault
  9. TOEM
  10. GreedFall
  11. Morbid The Seven Acolytes
  12. Eldest Souls
  13. Epic Chef
  14. Disciples: Liberation
  15. INDUSTRIA
  16. Mind Scanners
  17. In sound mind
  18. Forgive me Father
  19. The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk
  20. SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE
  21. Siege Survival: Gloria Victis
  22. Pumpkin Jack
  23. Gamedec-definitive edition
  24. Phoenix Point
  25. Police Stories
  26. Nebuchadnezzar
  27. Red Solstice 2 :survivors
  28. Doom Eternal
  29. Edge of Eternity
  30. Hero’s hour
  31. Monster Crown
  32. Golden Light
  33. Demon Turf
  34. Jurassic World Evolution 2
  35. BIOMUTANT

Jeeeesus CHRIST thought it wasn’t going to finish!

Maybe I will use this challenge as a way to complete mos-

NOOOOOOOO!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DdjGWcXzhs

Oh thats actually a good point! So I had +11.5 points if we count the above monstrosity that would lead me in the shadow zone with -23.5 points :,v

BUT with this definition that would lead me with -1.5 points

January:

1. Doom Eternal 2.Encased.
  2. Conan Chop Chop
  3. The Serpent Rogue

February:

1. Pathfinder: WOTR
  2. Throne breaker: The witcher tales
  3. Othercide
  4. Shady part of me
  5. Fobia .ST Dinfna Hotel

March:

1. Biomutant
  2. Jurassic World Evolution 2
  3. Demon Turf.
  4. Golden Light
  5. Monster Crown.
  6. Hero’s Hour.
  7. Edge of Eternity.

That would let me with some beautiful -4.5 points!!..

… …

2 Likes

At leats Im almost at the end of the Witcher 2

There are a lot of games I didn’t reclaim from the bundles because I already had ones and I wasn’t interested in others. Is there people here with steam accout interested in that? should I make a thread for that or could I do it here? Remember, just steam accounts

I still say I’m fine with just zeroing out. No need to go negative.

Honestly, for me this is all for fun, so it doesn’t really matter to me how you want to handle this.

With that said, I would be fine with you not taking any negatives for the games “purchased” this year - as long as you don’t claim positives when you complete the same games.

For the games purchased last year you should be able to claim positives - and the negatives don’t matter since you bought them last year.

Edit: Forgot to tag @Jorge_Alexander_Acos

2 Likes

I’m in the middle. I can agree that last year games can be counted (I bought RE4 and Dead Space last year as pre-orders and those counted).

It is certainly a contest just for funsies, but I think the negatives have to be counted for the 2023 games. Otherwise the rules of the contest don’t matter.

The net is the same but if he just zeros out it prevents anyone from having to keep track of what the humble games were.

Yeah last years are fine as no negatives, and a point when completed. I think we all agree there.

This years though… I don’t know. It’s purchased games and we all try not to buy more games, it’s also a part of the challenge I feel. But I can see it as two options:

A. Take the negatives and then the games will give points when completed.

B. We treat it like Game Pass games, they won’t give negative points but will also never give + points. A bit of a pita to keep track of though.

It’s a friendly competition though like everyone says, so it would be nice to come to an agreement everyone is satisfied with.

2 Likes