XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

Here’s the new episode :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Another good episode, and much shorter than ususal!

Appreciate you answering my question as well. I often feel MS don’t get enough credit for the work they’ve done but I think @Shpeshal_Nick is right, they aren’t the market leader and people don’t give them the props because of that.

Interesting take on the VR question as well, I hope that MS would partner with Valve rather than Oculus, but I agree the most likely partnership is with Oculus.

1 Like

Thinking MS will focus almost entirely on All Access pricing model. Go with cell phone model on the hardware and Netflix model on the software and bundle em together with xCloud. Do the big marketing push in the 6 weeks leading up to release. I think that is why they wanna wait for Sony because they know nothing Sony can announce wrt pricing is gonna look good next to a $0 down for XSX+Gold+EA Play+GP+xCloud package. Ppl will forget about how their marketing up til now was received and they can build that hype to a fever pitch with an XO event maybe in late October and a November 6th launch.

2 Likes

I see my other alias was the one that got shouted out, ha. This is what I get for trying to maintain two names, both involving “Shade” (SowingShade is technically the “spin-off”), at the same time.

Fortunately, the recognition wasn’t all that important to me, anyway; I’m just happy to help keep things afloat, and the future bright.

Great episode as usual! Now I learned I can ask questions via Patreon too, never used it before XboxEra :wink: Thanks for answering all of mine!

Has @Figments got a new mic? Sounded much better than usual.

What did you get for Fathers day, @Shpeshal_Nick?

1 Like

A Razer Ripsaw HD Capture card

1 Like

No sign of this week’s edition in my podcast feed?

@Sikamikanico

:thinking:

This is fixed now. Whoops!

1 Like

important news 1 or 2 days after the podcast it’s becoming a tradition

4 Likes

Haha yeah, we demand a special edition!

4 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

Today. :blush:

2 Likes

??? :eyes:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheXboxEra/status/1303636808962637824

8 Likes

great little episode. well done fellas!

3 Likes

:green_heart:

Appreciate you both taking the time out to do an extra interim episode to discuss this week’s developments!

2 Likes

Kind of annoying that we called out there’d be more news…and there was! More coming this week too.

3 Likes

When news broke today I thought about what you said during the podcast lol. I guess @Shpeshal_Nick was right in the end :wink:.

In all seriousness, it was a nice podcast to have to hear the immediate reaction of you two. Also, I completely agree that here in the UK especially the Series S is going to sell by the bucket load.

2 Likes