XboxEra Podcast |OT| - Better than the other one you listen to

(I may be too late, but…)

With Peter Moore stepping down from his role as CEO of Liverpool FC and returning to America, should Microsoft pay him whatever it takes to have him agree to some kind of advisory role for Xbox?

I’m half-kidding, but Peter’s keen ability to develop and promote the brand of Xbox has had no equal, before or since his arrival/departure, and I feel a shot in the arm is overdue.

Phil, and the rest of current Xbox leadership, are certainly doing great things and moving in the right direction, but there may be a missing element within the team: a true salesman/woman. Should they be looking outward for additional talent to continue the revitalization of the brand, or do the three of you feel like they already have everyone they need and it’s simply a matter of waiting for their plans to be executed on?

3 Likes

Avowed or Fable?

Edit: Bonus: ReCore 2 or Quantum Break 2?

1 Like

I am possibly too late with this one.

You have undoubtedly spoken about Halo at length, but I have another Halo question that might not have been discussed, don’t worry it should be less abrasive this time lol. With the three music tracks that have been released so far by 343i, what do you think of the Halo Infinite soundtrack so far and do you think it will ultimately live up to the legendary soundtracks of Halo 1-3, Reach and ODST when we do eventually hear it in its entirety?

Also, yes @Sikamikanico, I am a fellow Brit :+1:.

2 Likes

Nooooo, not enough heads up! But on the odd chance you haven’t recorded yet : What do you think Xbox will show at Gamescom?

1 Like

Just to burst everyone’s bubble, we’d already recorded. It’s gonna be an interesting day tomorrow for a number of reasons. :blush: Next time.

Bah! Pfft! :wink: Looking forward to tomorrow then!

1 Like

Congrats on the launch of the Patreon, folks!

3 Likes

Great episode as usual! Awesome to hear about the Patreon-thing, now I have to try that out… First time I ever felt like yeah this is worth paying for. Also, I can keep asking for a weekly schedule then :wink:

@Shpeshal_Nick, I still have the same Red Faction issue as you have… Tried everything too. Hope they fix it, the OG-games are really the best thing about GwG nowadays imo.

Anyways, thanks for all the effort you put in to XboxEra guys.

3 Likes

Yeah the OG Xbox game issue is pissing me off. We need to be hitting them up on twitter about it

1 Like

00:02:00 - What have we been playing

00:20:00 - We’re launching a Patreon!

00:29:20 - Halo Infinite Delayed

00:40:40 - Forza Horizon 3 delisted

00:45:55 - Hot Chips!

00:50:05 - Series S is official

00:55:20 - New Xbox Experience

00:57:25 - 360 and OG Games now purchasable via the Xbox One…properly

01:00:40 - Suicide Squad/Rockstready/Batman tease

01:03:30 - Phil talks about 3rd parties and Game Pass

01:05:30 - Ed’s random Call of Duty Black Ops tangent

01:08:00 - Will EA Play be a Game Pass Ultimate perk?

01:11:55 - #CommunityQuestions

4 Likes

Ah I thought so, but thought I would get the question in on the off chance you hadn’t started recording. One could tell how early it was judging by your yawning though :grin:.

Congratulations on the Patreon launch. The team’s ambition for the site and wider community is really impressive.

1 Like

Great episode this week guys.

#whereisfigments

3 Likes

Getting my question for the next episode in early:

The publishing wing of Xbox Game Studios used to be pretty open to letting their external partners own the IP for their games (Gears of War, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, etc.). With a few exceptions, that changed this generation, with Phil Spencer saying he’d like to own what they fund.

What do you think about this move? Do you see them ever making more exceptions in the future?

We’re already seeing former partners like Remedy and Moon work with other publishers that allow them to keep their IP.

One more question: Do you Microsoft collaborating with Playful again? Both versions of Super Lucky’s Tale are great, and with “New” on game pass, it at least means they’re talking.

5 Likes

Following the the trend here and asking my questions early!

1. Which launch game are you most excited about? You have to choose only one each!

2. This launch looks a bit barren on both sides of the fence, and Halo leaves a big hole for Xbox this fall. But what is your favourite console launch/lineup of all times? Why?

3. When do you think we’ll see MS Flight Simulator on Series X? Is it possible they go the Game Preview route or do they want to have a proper release later?

Well there is an episode this week so get your questions in.

But I think we have a bit to cover lol so either we cut back on some questions or have a REALLY long episode lol

1 Like

Thanks for tackling my questions last time. Great podcast in general. I’m fine with an extra long one if your families are :wink:

1. Probably been asked before but what’s your favorite (recent) game you’ve discovered through Game Pass that you didn’t know you wanted? Mine is The Messenger. Or maybe Surge 2. Or Carrion. Damn it.

2. I think the most underrated part of Microsoft’s recent strategy shift is how strong their PC focused content has gotten after years of neglect, console-first or console-only, etc. Along with the revised app, PC + console launches for nearly all games, and PC Game Pass, what else do you see them doing to expand the number of players for MS PC titles over the next few years? They’re quickly becoming credible competitors, but what can they do to become a leader?

1 Like

I can listen to you guys for days so length is not an issue! My questions are above. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure you guys have covered these in various forms on previous shows, but…

1. How much of an impact do you think Xbox All Access will have on console sales not only at launch but going forward? Also, will it be more effective in certain territories over others?

2. Do you think Microsoft has a marketing problem? We’re 2 months away from launch and I have yet to see a single commercial/ad for it. Also, will they do a marketing “blitz” after they announce price/launch date/Series S?

1 Like

Just saying, still haven’t forgotten the “something is not dead” tease from @Shpeshal_Nick lol hopefully the NDA could be lifted super soon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Since I was too late getting the question in last time, and it wasn’t discussed, I would like to put forward my question again as to what do you all think of the Halo Infinite soundtrack so far, and do you think it will ultimately be able to live up to the legendary soundtracks of Halo 1-3, Reach and ODST when we do eventually hear it in its entirety?

P. S. I do actually like Halo 4’s soundtrack even though I can appreciate some people’s view point that it isn’t ‘Halo’ enough.