XboxEra is launching a Patreon!

Test

Lots of new Patrons lately, which is awesome!

Friendly reminder - don’t forget to link your Patreon account to this forum so you can disable ads and get your badge/achievements. :+1:

6 Likes

Hi, just signed as a patreon! However, I am not seeing the prompt to link my Patreon account:

I’ve checked and I do not have 2FA autentication on…

What makes you more money 1 $ tier or adds?.

@Sikamikanico @Predrag

You have to log out of this site then log back in, you will have an option then. I had to change my patreon email address to match the one I signed up here with though or it would’t work.

Thanks, however, just did that, and it didn’t work. Still no Patreon option. Email is the same as in Patreon.

Hmm, how odd. I see this when I try and login

used the Patreon button to link there. Maybe @Sikamikanico can help.

Hey hey! This is peculiar! Can you privately DMme what I should see you as on Patreon and I’ll see if I can manually switch this from the back end.

@Sikamikanico

I’m also having issues. I wonder if it’s because my Xbox Era account uses Email A while Patreon is using Email B.

I log out of account on Xbox Era, on Sign In I see option for “With Patreon” like posted above by Cerys, I click the “With Patreon” option, and it takes me into dialog to create a brand new account. I don’t see an option to Link Accounts.

EDIT Time 1: After the Patreon screen I get this:

EDIT Time 2: I added alternate email account to Xbox Era account, then tried the steps above, and it at least let me log back in! So it seems to be an issue of my own making.

EDIT Time 3: Account Preferences now shows Patreon associated.

Try to add your Patreon email as your Secondary email here on the forum. That way it should connect them properly.

Go to your Preferences > Account > Email + Add Alternate email.

1 Like

I just stumbled through that section before I saw your post, and it at least let me log back into the site. It also shows Patreon in the Associated Accounts section. :grin:

Thank you for listing those steps so it should help out anyone in the future.

1 Like

Hey, how long does it take for the ads to go away once you’re a patreon?

Once you’ve linked your Pateron account to your forum account, I believe it is instantaneous!

1 Like

I had it within half a day on my typically used tablet and PC browser. It was instant using a new PC browser I never logged into the site with before (PC Chrome vs PC Edgium).

Took about 30-40 mins on my phone, then the avatar changed etc

1 Like

I just double checked. The integration checks approximately every 4 hours. So not quite instantaneous but pretty good.

3 Likes

I have just become a patreon/patron.

I am not able to access the private question page for patreons. Do I have to wait until the Xboxera-patreon sync happens?

FYI- The email address used for both is the same.

1 Like

Welcome to the club.

Yes. So it depends on when the next sync happens.

Only if the email accounts are different do you need to do 1 minor step of adding an alternate email address to your XEra account.

1 Like