XboxEra Community Hangout |OT9| Waiting for Developer_E3

Despite being released directly on Game Pass, I didn’t think Persona 5 would be popular on XBOX. But the game is having great engagement.

1 Like

They’ve actually been pushing back hard on the violence in things lately. It was a lot rougher about 10 years ago.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it? It is a very stylish game that got a heavy promotion and also well known.

That Rythian guy was not exactly a reliable source was he? Because I just saw this tweet. He’s also the only “source” that says this. Website Exputer calls him a industry analyst, is he at all? Lol

Well you have to remember, it’s “banned” because of CERO, the Japanese “ESRB”, who is extremely strict. Anime and manga obviously don’t have to pass through CERO.

It affects JP developers too. Resident Evil is very censored in Japan and the Nioh games don’t have decapitations in the JP versions

Two things CERO has “zero tolerance” polices for: Dismemberment, and bare nudity.

By the way, “banned” is not quite the right word. You can still import a foreign version from Amazon Japan no problem, CERO just refused to rate it, which means it can’t release in Japan, but isn’t “banned”.

1 Like

Like it or not, JRPG is not a popular genre on the platform. But I think Microsoft’s unusually strong promotion on top of the franchise’s launch on XBOX helped a lot.

no he’s not

1 Like

I feel like Kojima is no stranger to exaggaration lol. Might be truely something revolutionary but I’m not gonna hold my breath.

1 Like

Cloud-type game :phil_lmao:

Interesting, good information!

Why doesn’t anime and manga have to pass through Cero?

I’ve only seen a little bit from him and I get the impression he is not a good source of information, that said it would not surprise me if Sony were pursuing CDPR for an acquisition right now.

1 Like

Because CERO is just the video game rating board lol. It’s not like US movies and comics pass through the ESRB :stuck_out_tongue:

Callisto Protocol could just release in Japan on Steam only, as an unrated game, for example.

CERO often sticks out like a sore thumb though because again, they’re a lot stricter than ratings boards for other mediums. Don’t really know why, but that’s how it is.

1 Like

Maybe it’s time to see how Dolmen feels… Only seen some hands-on, but it’s usually more fun to play yourself… We’ll see, kinda hard to say where it leans at the moment.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

That would be horrible. ABK deal sucks donkey ass.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for it on Xbox for years. I have Game Pass but plan on buying it at full price to show support. I did the same with Dragon Quest and Soul Hackers.

The new version doesn’t look good at all. I’m not a insider member, but how the dashboard looks now is absolutely fine and waaaaaay better than what I’m seeing in the video. I really hope they don’t end up with that.

1 Like

Disregarding that I don’t believe CDPR will be acquired, It would actually surprise if Sony did pursue CDPR; they are priced like a publisher, while having a single studio’s output, and no live-service/recurring revenue title or expertise to warrant their price.

1 Like

People: complain about lack of background visibility and too much screen space for promotions/ads

Microsoft: make background visibility worse and promote a whole store section in the dashboard

:skull:

5 Likes

Yeah. I think if Sony where to make a big acquisition they would probably target Square to ensure the big JRPG franchises are exclusive in perpetuity and they gain access to a Live Service cash cow in FF14.

1 Like

blushing

:wink:

2 Likes